Honored Contributor

I ask in the kichen thread, but no answers, my keurig, is leaking, i have had it for a lot of years, 7 or more, need a new one,looking into the keurig k 250,any one have this? A nd any imput on coffee makers would be nice.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I love my Mr. Coffee Jr.! This holds about 5 cups of water. You can make all 5 cups or 1 cup. This also has a delay brew feature (I don't use it). I've had it for many years.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have an iCoffee and love it.  I bought it at Bed, Bath & Beyond when my Keurig died.  I had problems with my Keurig a couple of months after I bought it.  I had to clean the needle all the time.  I've had the iCoffee for about a year with no problems.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Hi OP!

I'm no help w/ Keurigs, tho I do have one which I only use if I'm running super late & have to grab a quick cup.

I'm sure posters will have lots of tips on them.

What I do suggest, tho, is to have around an old (vintage) Farberware Superfast percolator. (The newer ones are lousy.)

The little 6 cup percolator is perfect for brewing 2 big mugs of coffee superfastWoman Wink

Ebay is a great place to find one, or even your local Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Look for made in NYC on the bottom, not made in Yonkers or Brooklyn.

The NYC ones are the originals.

Good luck!

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

I like my exact Keurig so well, I found a new one on ebay for a great deal!  I hope my original one goes as long as yours did.  I wanted to make sure I had a backup and I am not trusting these new ones coming out that might restrict me from using any brand coffee and k-cups if I want.  Good luck!     

Respected Contributor

I 2nd on the iCoffee machine if you want something that uses the k-cups.  I love mine.

If you're not dead set on using the k-cups, let me recommend the Ninja Coffee Bar.  My kids got me one for Christmas and wow, just wow.  Great individual cups all the way up to a caraff.  Also easy peasy to make specialty coffees and team it with a blender and make frozen coffee drinks too.

Esteemed Contributor

I've only owned Farberware Percolators for many years. Recently, one of them died - so I went to walmart.com and ordered Farberware 4 cup percolator, $39. They also carry larger size Farberware, 4 to 12 cup, for $59. I have a small coffee grinder. I like that u don't use filters -- so quick and easy. I buy coffee beans at Costco (mostly Starbucks French Roast) and Trader Joe's.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I like my exact Keurig so well, I found a new one on ebay for a great deal!  I hope my original one goes as long as yours did.  I wanted to make sure I had a backup and I am not trusting these new ones coming out that might restrict me from using any brand coffee and k-cups if I want.  Good luck!     

I can not find the exact keurig,did you get the name wrong?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I can not find the exact keurig,did you get the name wrong?

The brand is Keurig. Exact is not a model, but was said to explain she bought a new one that is exactly like the one she currently uses. 

Honored Contributor

Since we're talking coffee makers (We have Mr. Coffees at our places).  I wish I knew of a 'safe' one.  By that I mean something that the plastic parts are BP free.  So when the hot steaming water comes in contact with the plastic, nothing toxic is omitted.  I've thought about getting perculators, but wonder if the metal is okay.

Does anyone else care about this? LOL