Trusted Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

I had both eyes done 4 months ago. A month between each separate eye surgery. The surgery is quick and I experienced no pain. I had to have my blood sugar checked by pinprick....THAT was the most pain I had at the surgery! LOL!

Of course, you'll be nervous. It's surgery. But it's worth doing, quick and pain free. I could hardly see to drive at night before and now can drive safely. Also, I wore glasses or contacts all my life for nearsightedness. No more glasses needed except for reading.

The eye drop routine is annoying but I just set up a schedule for myself and got it done. My eyes felt great after the first few days of drops. I hated to give them up after the second surgery. As they were prescription I had to of course.

Oh yes, two drawbacks. After the surgery you will see much more clearly....I never knew I had as many wrinkles as I do and that there were cobwebs in my ceiling corners I never noticed at all!!

Good luck, let us know how you do.

Candy

I had the same two drawbacks!

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I need to have a cataract in my left eye removed but have been putting it off...it is starting to bother me now and I am more aware of it. Still trying to figure out the cost, can’t get a straight answer from Humana or Medicare

I am on Medicare and they paid for both my corneal transplant and the cataract removal.