Honored Contributor

Sorry i spelled it wrong.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I was at the checkout today at Walmart and noticed a bag of Werther's Original Soft Caramels. Well, I bought a bag and ate all of them within a few hours. They are so good!! 

Honored Contributor

I like the good ol' Kraft caramels and also the soft Werther's original.

Honored Contributor

Be warned that neither of my picks for an excellent caramel are inexpensive.

Fran's Chocolates, a Seattle company, makes the sea salt caramels that were the favorites of the president and his wife.  

Bequet caramels are hard to resist, too.  

I don't buy them anymore because I can't stop at one or two😕

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What are the best carmels ,one can buy?

hi goldensrbest

The best ones I have ever had are See's Butterscotch Chews and Scotch Kisses (same caramel but with See's marshmallow. Not too sweet and don't stick to your teeth.

tkins

Trusted Contributor

When I was younger we used to do "fondue" with caramel.... my great aunt who was near 90 came to our home.... she had never seen fondue, let alone melted caramel..... when we were done she was so delighted that she told me she was going to write about it in her diary..... I didnt even know she kept a diary.... when she passed we went to help my mom clean out her home and there were years of wonderful diaries.... and sure enough.... her recollection of that day was there.   I dont remember the brand.... I think it was Kraft..... but I have rarely met a caramel I dont like.... lol

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I like Trader Joe's dark chocolate salted caramels.

The center is soft and gooey, I hate a hard center caramel.

candy

Noel:  I bought the little pkg. of 6 and after eating one, I gave it away:  I didn't trust myself with them !!!!!!   They are wonderful.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor
The best cartels I ever had are the ones I make. 1 cup butter, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until thick and smells like Carmel. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet. Cool completely.. cut into square, wrap in wax paper. You can't eat just one.
Honored Contributor

@tkins wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

What are the best carmels ,one can buy?

hi goldensrbest

The best ones I have ever had are See's Butterscotch Chews and Scotch Kisses (same caramel but with See's marshmallow. Not too sweet and don't stick to your teeth.

tkins

I hate butterscotch,anything.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I like Trader Joe's dark chocolate salted caramels.

The center is soft and gooey, I hate a hard center caramel.

candy

Noel:  I bought the little pkg. of 6 and after eating one, I gave it away:  I didn't trust myself with them !!!!!!   They are wonderful.

I love those too but I don't really think of them as traditional caramels.    My favorite brand is one a friend told me about just a couple of months ago.   It's called Lancaster Caramels.  I think they are made in Lancaster County PA but I bought some in Dallas in November.  They are creamier than Werther's and have a lovely flavor.