Respected Contributor

New Online Prank: Teens are Coughing on Store Produce and Posting the Video Online

Idle teenagers are participating in a “disturbing trend” of coughing on grocery store produce and posting their pranks online as the nation fights the coronavirus, which is known to spread from human “droplets” spraying from mouths.

The latest incident occurred in the Washington exurb of Purcellville, Virginia, some 55 miles from the White House.

According to a Purcellville Police Department report, “An incident occurred at a local grocery store involving juveniles reportedly coughing on produce, while filming themselves and posting it on social media.”

The report said that the store, identified on social media as Harris Teeter, immediately removed the items and cleaned up the area. The police said, “The grocery store immediately removed the items in question, and has taken appropriate measures to ensure the health of store patrons.”

POLICE INVESTIGATING JUVENILE INCIDENT
Yesterday, March 18, 2020, an incident occurred at a local grocery store involving juveniles reportedly coughing on produce, while filming themselves and posting it on social media. Police responded and are currently investigating the incident. The grocery store immediately removed the items in question, and has taken appropriate measures to ensure the health of store patrons.

We are asking for parental assistance in monitoring your teenagers’ activities, as well as their social media posts to avoid the increase of any further such incidents. We have learned that this appears to be a disturbing trend on social media across the country, and we ask for help from parents to discourage this behavior immediately. Please talk with your children and explain to them why such behavior is wrong, especially given the current situation regarding the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We also take this opportunity to remind parents and children of the Town of Purcellville’s curfew, which states it is unlawful for any minor under the age of 18 years to loiter or remain on any street, park or public place in the town between the hours of 11:30 p.m. and daylight of the following day, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.

For further information regarding protecting yourself against the spread of Coronavirus, please visit the Virginia Department of Health

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder, when these teens grow up, if they will be able to support themselves? I wonder what kind of adults these kids will grow up to be? 

Mine are grown and not perfect, but I don't think they would have even had these thoughts.

How proud the parents must be.

Honored Contributor

Arrest them,give them a few days in a jail.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

They should be arrested as to be taught a lesson.

No trouble identifying them since their faces are all over social media, stupid kids.

Contributor

Yes and make them pay for the produce that had to be wasted

Honored Contributor

There's also an email 'prank' going around, where the email looks like an important update re: the virus, but when you open it, it's a very large male completely naked....and I mean completely naked.!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear, that's terrible! Kind of reminds me of the thing about people at a store opening cartons of ice cream, licking it and putting it back on the shelf. Similar disgusting behavior but this one is even worse.

Honored Contributor

That's disgusting. They should be arrested & put in jail. I don't care what their age is. Make an example with them so it does not continue.

Most parents will probably never hear about this? Even if they do some won't do anything about it?

Honored Contributor

I hope their faces are paraded on TV over and over again along with the “hoarders” brothers of necessary supplies trying to make an extra buck.

Respected Contributor

What morons! I wonder if it took them all night to come up with that stunt? This would be disgusting even if the corona virus wasn't a factor. They are truly mental midgets who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.