Honored Contributor

Well, the last time I checked this is America and I am entitled to my opinion.  I resented the way they posted on QVC website they had Birkenstock shoes and then when you click over there were (I believe maybe 3 or so different kinds to chose from and they were children's shoes).

Look, I'm a size XL and 1X.  I haven't been able to just go in a store and like something and believe it would be in my size.  Once I had my first child I started gaining weight and didn't get it all off.  I own it.  Because of that, I can't usually just go to a website and like something knowing my size will be offered.

I MIGHT look on there again, as it is very difficult for me to shop in stores.

If I do it isn't because some here have decided I'm TOTALLY wrong because I didn't like my initial visit to the website.

I think there are people here who would like to post their opinions on things (opinions which might not be popular to SOME) but they don't want to be attacked.  

It's a shame really because we can all learn from each other, even if we don't agree.

So, you voiced your opinion and I think that's nice, I've voiced my opinion, again, that's nice.

Oh!  By the way I do know they have different things all of the time.  That is why I said what I did earlier in this post.  

There are many stores/websites, etc that do this.  They buy in bulk what a store doesn't sell (like the dollar store, etc).

Esteemed Contributor

I mostly buy shoes from Zulily, and usually a brand I know. I have purchased Hoka running shoes and Fly London sandals and boots for half of what they are anywhere else. It takes longer, but worth the wait.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

If you are familiar with the brand, you can get some good deals.  Earlier this week they featured Or Paz jewelry.  Many of the same items pictured on the QVC site were offered for a good deal less.  Some of these items were shown on air yesterday for up to double the price.

You do take your chance with clothing as unless it is an in house QVC line, many are brands I've never heard of. Some are European brands so sizing is all over the place. (and pictures are not always indicative of the fit)

Recently I received a pair of woven shoes.  There was a major flaw.  I called CS and they sent me a new pair.  They told me to keep the damaged ones. (in the past I was told to return a damaged item on my dime)  I was also offered a $10 credit.  I turned it down as I was getting the shoes I paid for.  The rep told me I was the first person he dealt with who turned down the credit.

As for shipping, the first item is usually $5 or $6.  Additional orders are free for the day or the entire weekend.

The longest I've waited for an item was 5 weeks. (presently I have an order that could go longer)

I have seen adult size Birkenstock on Zulily.  You will not find the variety and prices you saw on QVC because that stock was made just for QVC.  If you are familiar with retail Birkenstock, you know QVC sizing was different than it was in any other retail outlet.

Honored Contributor

Just got a large box of Zulily finds this morning, all were in perfect condition.  I'm gathering things for an upcoming birthday: tee shirt, fun earrings, a book and two really nice tablecloths for me.  Oh, and a summer tote.  And a good quality ring for my girl.

I think the thing to do is order brand names you are familiar with, Quaker Factory was on the other day, and Or Paz, as mentioned.  You take a chance with the cheap but fun jewelry, but they will always give you a refund.

I know I have trouble anywhere finding shoes that work for me, so I stay away from that.  I have ordered about 4 tablecloths from them and they are always good quality. 

Valued Contributor

The last 3 orders I've ordered with them hasn't shipped and was cancelled. Seems like this is becoming the norm. I have another one that just got an e-mail it was late shipping and do I still want to keep the order. Know this one will be cancelled as well. Part of me thinks this is a slick scam they're pulling off. By taking money off of your card and then wait till the next month to cancel it because the product really doesn't exist. The reason it seems scammy to me, the same product they cancel will often pop up in another sale. Same size, same color and everything. Why would they put the product back up when they cancel it and says its no longer available ?They have been very shady lately and when my next order is cancelled, I'm deleting my account with them.

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

The last 3 orders I've ordered with them hasn't shipped and was cancelled. Seems like this is becoming the norm. I have another one that just got an e-mail it was late shipping and do I still want to keep the order. Know this one will be cancelled as well. Part of me thinks this is a slick scam they're pulling off. By taking money off of your card and then wait till the next month to cancel it because the product really doesn't exist. The reason it seems scammy to me, the same product they cancel will often pop up in another sale. Same size, same color and everything. Why would they put the product back up when they cancel it and says its no longer available ?They have been very shady lately and when my next order is cancelled, I'm deleting my account with them.

@segrl21

I'm guessing you don't know the way Zulily works.

They don't have all that stuff on hand.  When you place an order, they send notice to the vendor to ship it to them.  When they receive what you ordered, they send it to you.

Sometimes THE VENDORS are late and don't send it on time.  It isn't Zulily.

The reason you may see it later is that it FINALLY comes in.

Honored Contributor

No, Zulily will not always give you a refund.  Here is the refund policy right from their own website which is why I won't do business with them.  I don't do business with companies who don't issues refunds:

Can I return items on zulily?
At zulily, we’re committed to you, our customers. We’re able to offer such amazing discounts because we don’t house inventory after our sales end, and therefore cannot process returns, except in very limited circumstances. However, we want you to be delighted. If something doesn’t meet your expectations, we’re committed to doing our best to help you find a solution. For questions, contact our customer service at service@zulily.com, or (877)-779-5615.

Honored Contributor

A wonderful poster here let us know they were having a sale on cookbooks. I went to the website (first time) and couldn't believe the selection they had! They had one I already have that's from a small publishing company and not easy to get, so I knew I would find some different ones there. And I did. I got 5 of them. It took a while to get to me, but I already knew that would happen from posters here who had talked about it. I was happy with my purchases! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

A wonderful poster here let us know they were having a sale on cookbooks. I went to the website (first time) and couldn't believe the selection they had! They had one I already have that's from a small publishing company and not easy to get, so I knew I would find some different ones there. And I did. I got 5 of them. It took a while to get to me, but I already knew that would happen from posters here who had talked about it. I was happy with my purchases! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

That was me Smiley Happy   I'm really glad you liked the sale, I got two cookbooks that day, also.

Not long ago I ordered the Mayo Clinic Home Remedies from them and it came today,  Love that, too.

Honored Contributor

I've enjoyed ordering some shoe brands with which I wasn't familiar.  In doing so, I've discovered some new ones.  I first discovered Alegria on Zulily long before QVC had them which gave me a head start on my collection.  @Noel7  Sounds like you had Christmas today.  I just love it when a big box shows up full of goodies to explore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment