Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 items from Z ulily early in April. They were supposed to ship yesterday, and today I got an email saying that they still didn't have them, and they didn't know when they would come in. If any of you deal with this company, is this usual? I'm trying to decide whether or not to cancel. TIA.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered from Zulily five or six times. It is usually about three weeks from order to delivery. They don't stock the items, but work directly with the sellers. If it were me, I would cancel the order after this much time. It sounds like they oversold the imagined inventory.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

May never order from Zulilly again. They charged my credit card the day of my order and 10 days later they still did not ship any of  the items.  

The prices are not that special and the shipping is extremely high.

It appears they order the item for you from another site after you order so they are a middle man making money.

Honored Contributor

I order a lot of stuff from QVC, some from HSN and a little from Evine (wigs recently).

I think Zulily is a joke.  I went on their website and they have almost nothing!  They had a few pair of children's Birkenstock.  It's a joke, as far as I'm concerned.

Respected Contributor
That's ridiculous. Six weeks and still nothing?
Honored Contributor

I order often.  Sometimes,I get my items shipped in about 7-10'days.  I have waited up to three weeks for bigger items.  I have never had an item that wasn't shipped because they couldn't get it in stock.  I guess it can happen.

I got one item that was damaged.  They refunded my money AND gave me a credit to get something else and didn't have to send to return the damaged item.

They seem to be an honest company.  They just do things differently.  If the deal is a good one, I am willing to wait.

Honored Contributor

I've had this happen several times in the 2 1/2 years I've been shopping there.  I always let the orders stand and I get them soon afterward.  I had one where I waited and waited (Easy Spirit shoes).  Finally they cancelled it and the next day it shipped.  I was glad to get them because I love the shoes.  If they have to cancel your order, they give you a $10, credit.

You definitely need to readjust your thinking when you shop at Zulily.  I kind of enjoy the thrill of anticipation when waiting for an order.  When things show up, it's like Christmas.  If the wait is bothersome, I wouldn't shop there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've looked at Zulily a number of times, but just never took the plunge.

I know a lot of people who post in the home forum like them, but I just don't get too excited about what they offer, or the whole no return thing.

I'm sure some day I'll find something there I can't live without and be on the other side of the fence.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I order a lot of stuff from QVC, some from HSN and a little from Evine (wigs recently).

I think Zulily is a joke.  I went on their website and they have almost nothing!  They had a few pair of children's Birkenstock.  It's a joke, as far as I'm concerned.

@Annabellethecat66  You base an opinion on one trip to their website?  Are you aware they change their merchandise every day?  I've bought a large assortment of name brand "comfort" shoes there and have paid half their retail price or less.  They are not returns or rejects.  They come direct from the factory and the box has never been opened before you receive them.  You call that a joke?  My first online action every day is to check what Zulily has for the day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

What do you mean they have almost nothing?  Zulily has about two dozen categories NEW every day.  And each category has numerous offerings.

Your claim that they have almost nothing is most certainly not correct.