Trusted Contributor

I just do do not understand the popularity of Zombies.....all the movies, TV shows....I just have no interest in looking at a suppose dead, rotting bloody human being that wants to kill. It seems so dark, in this world already full of dark ugly  things.  

What at is your take on Zombies? 

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE zombies.  Walking Dead is my favorite show, and I've just started watching Fear the Walking Dead too.  Yes, they are dark, but they are also great fun.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I like the tv show izombie and The Last Ship ( no zombies but there is a plague). World War Z was a good movie. 

I have no interest in watching Dancing with the Stars, the Bachelor, Survivor, Glee or Big Bang Theory. To each their own. I'll stick with Grimm, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow, Homeland, The Americans, Tyrant and The Originals. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I am completely hooked on those types of shows. The walking dead is my favorite show. I have even started watching Fear the walking dead.

I have watched all of the Resident Evil shows, If its's a zombie movie I have probably seen it.

I also love The Strain. Read all three books first, not exactly zombies but close enough. I just love those types of shows.

Honored Contributor

I am not interested in zombies either.  As far as it being a dark subject, I think some of the shows with realisitic modern day violence are darker than zombie/horror shows.

Respected Contributor

Zombieland and 28 Days Later are favorite movies of mine, as well as I Am Legend.

I also like the spoof /comedy Shaun Of The Dead.

I was really into Walking Dead for awhile, but I've kind of let that go.  But I definitely see the attraction to these types of movies. 

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I am not interested in zombies either.  As far as it being a dark subject, I think some of the shows with realisitic modern day violence are darker than zombie/horror shows.

Yes, I think that for me, anyway, the fact that zombies aren't real, that it's just a fantasy, is the thing.  Real life stories of violence and atrocities are the ones that I can't handle.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't find such nonsense as entertaining.  Nor the ghouls who were the early black and white film zombies.  Guess folks have some canibalistic inklings about them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Just so that we are clear. If we like Zombie movies then we have canibalistic tendencies?

Okie dokie.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't agree more!!  That kind of entertainment is very disturbing and sick!!   I feel it is contributing to the breakdown of decent entertainment and it just insults the intelligence of most sane people!!    It is one thing to see it in a Halloween movie but I don't understand why it is necessary in a tv commercial as I have been seeing lately!!Woman Sad