Honored Contributor

Yes, Zappos is great! Fast shipping, free returns, etc. BUT I would never buy shoes without trying them on! It's great that their shipping is fast but how do you know if that particular pair of footwear will even fit? Nope, I only shop local b&m stores, where I can see, feel, touch and try on items before buying.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Yes, Zappos is great! Fast shipping, free returns, etc. BUT I would never buy shoes without trying them on! It's great that their shipping is fast but how do you know if that particular pair of footwear will even fit? Nope, I only shop local b&m stores, where I can see, feel, touch and try on items before buying.

@ID2 You have to realize those of us who wear extended sizes or have super wide or narrow feet don't have the luxury of trying on shoes because most mainstream B&M stores won't carry them. I wear a size 13 W. The only B&M stores I can think of which sell my size is Payless and Avenue. Otherwise, I have to wear mens' shoes or purchase exclusively online and hope they look and fit good. 

Respected Contributor

shoes.com has free returns IF you make an exchange.  Zappos is good too, but shoes.com carries more selection of Saucony, which is what I wear.  

Buying shoes in stores is a real hit or miss experience.  Waiting for clerks to bring sizes in a nuisance.