Honored Contributor

President of Eden Prairie-based Evine shopping network resigns

This is current and interesting....I hope Evine Can do better in the new year.....otherwise they might go bottom up😟

http://www.startribune.com/eden-prairie-based-shopping-network-president-abruptly-resigns/503797882/

Respected Contributor

Re: President of Eden Prairie-based Evine shopping network resigns

I find them so uninteresting now.  I liked the Gem Insider with Paul Deasy and The Beekman Brothers, but they moved to HSN and in my opinion not as good.  I also don’t think Victoria Wieck has the same quality pieces as HSN.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did I understand she'd only been there for 4 months? If so, wow, she either really rocked somebody's world in a bad way or she knew an irresolvable no-win situation when she saw one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I started shopping when Evine was Shop NBC and always loved what I bought.  The vendors were good and I really liked most of the hosts.  I have to admit they have been going down hill for a long time and someone really needs to figure out what the problem is before they hit rock bottom.  If the president of a company quits after only four months there is something drastically wrong with this picture.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anne Martin-Vachon was president at The Shopping Channel in Canada for not even 2 years. She is a former CMO at HSN as well as a former executive at Nordstrom.

I was not impressed at her tenure as an executive at The Shopping Channel. She tried to make it a bougie shopping tv network. She never fixed the non transparency and poor shipping policies while at TSC. I finally got fed up with paying for shipping and returns and dumped them last spring.

At least she got a big payoff from Evine!

Editing my post to add a couple of interesting earnings call transcripts, one is from the end of August and is about Evine's 2nd quarter where Anne Martin-Vachon is introduced as the new Evine president and she states her goals for Evine:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4202893-evine-live-inc-evlv-ceo-bob-rosenblatt-q2-2018-results-earn...

and then the earnings call transcript at the end of November about Evine's 3rd quarter where Ms Martin-Vachon discusses what goals she's been working on and what has been accomplished so far.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4225135-evine-live-inc-evlv-ceo-robert-rosenblatt-q3-2018-results-e...

I'm guessing that the new aspirational luxury focus and the brands introduced by her during her brief stay at Evine didn't impress the current Evine customers or the higher up managment because basically she left about a month after that 3rd quarter earnings call. 

And as a side note it was Beekman 1802 leaving Evine that was one of the causes of Evine's drop in revenue too.

Honored Contributor

I'm curious...what were the luxury brands that she brought to Evine?

@TY wrote:

Anne Martin-Vachon was president at The Shopping Channel in Canada for not even 2 years. She is a former CMO at HSN as well as a former executive at Nordstrom.

I'm guessing that the new aspirational luxury focus and the brands introduced by her during her brief stay at Evine didn't impress the current Evine customers or the higher up managment because basically she left about a month after that 3rd quarter earnings call. 

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I'm curious...what were the luxury brands that she brought to Evine?

Anne Martin-Vachon brought 2 luxury Canadian brands to Evine:

Ron White shoes.

Brian Bailey fashions.

Both are Canadian designers that also sell on The Shopping Channel in Canada. 

Ron White shoes are manufactured in Italy. They are an expensive fashion line of shoes that incorporate comfort with a wider forefoot and narrow heel for older women who may have foot problems like bunions.

Brian Bailey is a well known fashion designer in Canada. His shopping channel line is a lower priced line than his store or his couture priced evening wear.

As well, Ms Martin-Vachon brought in the moderate and popular Canadian Nygard clothing line to Evine.

Honored Contributor

I saw the Ron White shoe presentations and could hardly believe my eyes. I'm not sure who brought them in but Evine also carries a lot of high dollar sunglasses as well.

I'm just over Evine in general.  I came to realize their fashions just don't appeal to me for the most part, with few exceptions.  Most of the items are poor quality and cheap.  I'd rather spend more on quality items.  When I realized my Evine clothing items were being quickly tossed because of quality problems, I knew it was time to be done.

I also don't care for the majority of the hosts.  Even Heather Hall was just way too hard sell and over the top last night with Serious Skincare.  It was eyerolling to watch that show and I ended up just changing the channel.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I also don't care for the majority of the hosts.  Even Heather Hall was just way too hard sell and over the top last night with Serious Skincare.  It was eyerolling to watch that show and I ended up just changing the channel.  

@Lipstickdiva  Gosh it was a HARD SELL last night with SSC... everyone, Jennifer, the serious John guy and Heather were way over the top....  I imagine Jennifer wanted to make sales look really good to empress Evine  top honchos.  But it came across as phony and pushy.  I also turned them off after the first half hour.   The prices were not great, nor are they on the Evine Website.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Gosh it was a HARD SELL last night with SSC... everyone, Jennifer, the serious John guy and Heather were way over the top....  I imagine Jennifer wanted to make sales look really good to empress Evine  top honchos.  But it came across as phony and pushy.  I also turned them off after the first half hour.   The prices were not great, nor are they on the Evine Website.    Evine is going to miss Skinn.... that is where all my money goes.