Honored Contributor

I've never bought from them and will never.  I don't return much at all but I want that option if for some reason I don't love a particular item.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I have tried to buy for them TWICE and both times I waited and waited and waited for my items then they cancelled the sales because they "ran out of inventory."  Bait and switch - they advertise a great buy - but can't deliver. No more for me. 

@PurpleBunny  It's not bait and switch unless they offer to sell you something more expensive.   Due to the way they operate,  they depend on their vendors to get the goods to them as they don't store merchandise.   If the vendor reneged,  they have no choice but to cancel.   I've had dozens of orders and this has happened maybe 6-8 times 

It seems likely this will happen, given the way they operate, as you say. I'm wondering why QVC customers who get so upset at orders being canceled by QVC when they over-sell and there isn't enough stock to fill orders get SO upset at QVC - which works a LOT like Zulily except that people don't want to believe that. It may be that QVC was interested in Zulily because the operation is so similar.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I didn't know they were drop-shippers. I've never bought from them, hated their ads, but would never buy from a place that doesn't accept returns. Footwear had a 33% return rate back in the print catalog era, and I wouldn't imagine that's improved much. Unless you've tried the exact same style elsewhere, it seems a bit risky to buy footwear from a place like this.

Occasional Contributor

I  ordered 3 bathing suits from them and they sent the wrong size.  When I called they told me to donate the swim suits and credited my credit card for the full amount.  No hassle.

Honored Contributor

I so love zulily! I don't visit too often because it could get me in trouble. I've found some great deals and good stuff from them. The one time I called because the size I ordered did not fit even though I even ordered up a size just in case (and my normal size should have fit according to their size chart) they refunded my money and told me to keep the item and donate it.  I am sure if that is something they will do once in awhile but not if someone does it too often. It also probably depends on the cost of the item. I try to only order items from brands where I already know my correct size but occasionally I will venture out and glad I do because I have found some things I just love- my latest a great, comfortable sports bra for my workouts and a rashguard for swimming. 

Occasional Contributor

I ordered my first and last Zulily purchase recently.  I was shocked at the shoddy quality and the sizing was way off. Then I saw that they don't accept returns unless you want to argue with them which I definitely don't have time for. I googled "owner" and "Zulily" and it says that QVC owns Zulily.

I used to spend a lot of money on QVC but I don't watch it at all anymore on TV nor do I look at the website either because I don't like the brands they carry now, the clothes are boring and the prices are too high.  As for Zulily, buyer beware.  

Honored Contributor

As I understand you need special premission to return an item

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Contributor

You must work for QVC.  What could go wrong? You could lose your money.

Respected Contributor

@mktdaisy wrote:

I ordered my first and last Zulily purchase recently.  I was shocked at the shoddy quality and the sizing was way off. Then I saw that they don't accept returns unless you want to argue with them which I definitely don't have time for. I googled "owner" and "Zulily" and it says that QVC owns Zulily.

I used to spend a lot of money on QVC but I don't watch it at all anymore on TV nor do I look at the website either because I don't like the brands they carry now, the clothes are boring and the prices are too high.  As for Zulily, buyer beware.  

Call CS and they will issue you a return label.

QVC does not own Zulily.

Occasional Contributor
From Google:

"People also ask