Honored Contributor

has anyone ever returned anything to zulily?

It seems like no matter what they are selling....it's not elegible for return.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

I have tried to buy for them TWICE and both times I waited and waited and waited for my items then they cancelled the sales because they "ran out of inventory."  Bait and switch - they advertise a great buy - but can't deliver. No more for me. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

If you can state a good case,  they will often take things back.   Three times,  the most recent last week-end,  I've received a pair of men's shoes which were mixed in with the women's and were not designated as men's.   I wear a size 11, so I can't tell by size.   I called,  the CS guy checked the original ad and I was right,  they were not marked as men's. He refunded my payment,  gave me a courtesy $10., and told me to donate the very nice Vionic shoes. 

If something arrives broken or is the wrong item they do the same without question.   In one case an expensive candlestick arrived broken,  and they did ask me to send a picture of it. 

Everything they sell is marked "no returns".   They have great CS. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I have tried to buy for them TWICE and both times I waited and waited and waited for my items then they cancelled the sales because they "ran out of inventory."  Bait and switch - they advertise a great buy - but can't deliver. No more for me. 

@PurpleBunny  It's not bait and switch unless they offer to sell you something more expensive.   Due to the way they operate,  they depend on their vendors to get the goods to them as they don't store merchandise.   If the vendor reneged,  they have no choice but to cancel.   I've had dozens of orders and this has happened maybe 6-8 times and they've always given me a $10., credit. 

I've been shopping there about 3 years and have gotten some wonderful buys,  especially shoes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love Zulily and usually purchase something monthly.

They do not take returns because they do not have a warehouse or place to store merchandise. When you order something from them, they place an order with the manufacturer and when it comes in, they send it out to you.

I have had a problem with a pair of earrings that I ordered for my Granddaughter.  They allowed me to keep the earrings and refunded all of my money and gave me a $10 credit to my account to use another time.

They are fair and honest.  Most of what I order is delivered within two weeks.  I did have to wait about four weeks for a winter hat, but there was a notice on the item description stating it would take longer than normal to get the item.  Items imported from China or Italy, for example might take a while.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@PurpleBunny  It's not bait and switch unless they offer to sell you something more expensive.   Due to the way they operate,  they depend on their vendors to get the goods to them as they don't store merchandise.   If the vendor reneged,  they have no choice but to cancel.   I've had dozens of orders and this has happened maybe 6-8 times and they've always given me a $10., credit. 

I've been shopping there about 3 years and have gotten some wonderful buys,  especially shoes. 

I realize it's not literally bait and switch. But I feel they lure you to the site with deals that they cannot fulfill. Either way, it'sunscrupulous. I've never been offered a coupon or even an apology after being strung along for weeks.  Not a business that deserves my time or money. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

It is my understanding that there are no returns.  Period.  That is why I rarely, if ever, buy from them.  Also, I purchased a handbag from them once.  It was a beautiful bag, but 2 things --- it took a very long time to get to me --- probably at least 3 weeks.  And it was very heavy.  But I was stuck with it.  I seldom carried the bag as it was too heavy being empy, let alone filling it up.

Also, I would see all these nice shoes at wonderfil prices --- and ordering shoes on-line is a very tricky thing for me.  I have to be able to return.

Same thing for sizes in clothes.   The size in every company runs differently.

It's just too iffy for me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I love Zulily.  There's nothing deceivingly luring or unscrupulous about them.  They operate on a premise that they can provide low prices by working with a lot of small independent vendors, (and some large ones), and not maintaining a warehouse which is expensive to operate (and hire extra people to work the warehouse, etc.). 

I read their Returns policy beforehand and set my expectations.  I once had a leather handbag coming from Italy that never arrived.  I contacted them about 2 weeks after the estimated delivery date and they said they were still working with the vendor to fulfill my order, but I could cancel if I wanted.  I did cancel, and Zulily sent me a $10 credit. I called another time when the jacket I ordered was much, much smaller than the sizing chart -- they accepted my return.   

They want to keep their returns to a minimum to keep their prices down.  I order from them about once a month.  Never a problem that cannot be resolved and their CS reps are great. 

Respected Contributor

It's not worth the hassle to me to deal with a company like that.  I wouldn't have the patience to wait weeks for items, hope they come, and then plead my case if something is wrong. 

Honored Contributor

Re: ZULILY AND RETURNS

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

It's not worth the hassle to me to deal with a company like that.  I wouldn't have the patience to wait weeks for items, hope they come, and then plead my case if something is wrong. 

Exactly.  One of the first things I look for with a company is the return policy. If they don't accept returns, they don't get my money.  There are too many other places to shop.