Trusted Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@jackiejenny...the chocolate walnut fudge was just last summer! Lol. My best friend and I go every year. We both love going but we don't go on weekends...way too many people! 

I'll say good night now. Very late here on the East Coast.      I thank you and truffle for welcoming me back! So very kind of both of you!  :-)  I'll watch for you both the next time I'm posting. 

@EastCoastGal~~~Good night and I hope you have visions of State Fair chocolate walnut fudge dancing in your deams!  

Trusted Contributor

never been to one because i really can't stand to be under the sun all day. but, off topic and if you're interested, you should watch carnival eats on the cooking channel. i watch it all the time and love it. noah cappe is a fun host too. 

Respected Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I love my State Fair in Syracuse, New York!! For the past several years my best friend & I have gone every year. A couple years we went twice. 

I love everything about it .... the food, games, free entertainment, going to the dairy building (the butter sculpture, 25 cents for chocolate milk, homemade fudge!!,

huge cookies, ice cream, etc), the home building (beautiful homemade quilts, etc.), people-watching ... Just love it all!!  :-) 

Another YES vote for the NYS fair.  Ditto everything.  I go every 2-3 years; it is just the same every time.  Even the vendors are in the exact same spots,  Always enjoy  it.

@EastCoastGal, did you see the one new thing they added, I think last year?  Native American village, with dancers, crafts, food.  A fun new addition.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The reason I go....

funnel-cake.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Your State Fair

[ Edited ]

HOWDY FOLKS!

Texas Classic

IMG_2339.jpg

Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I love my State Fair in Syracuse, New York!! For the past several years my best friend & I have gone every year. A couple years we went twice. 

I love everything about it .... the food, games, free entertainment, going to the dairy building (the butter sculpture, 25 cents for chocolate milk, homemade fudge!!,

huge cookies, ice cream, etc), the home building (beautiful homemade quilts, etc.), people-watching ... Just love it all!!  :-) 

I couldn't agree more about our Syracuse fair.  I've been going since I was a kid.  There is so much to do and see.  I love the free concerts they have along with all of the great food & crafts.  Only four more weeks!!!

Respected Contributor

Interesting to see the remarks about the New York /State Fair in Syracuse. When we lived up that way we went a few times. The first was many years ago when Sonny and Cher were entertainers at the free shows. They drew a huge crowd and I believe at the time was the highest day'sattendance. Later we would go on Senior Citizen's Day as it was free admission. They would also have free oldies music acts. Once we got to see Debbie Reynolds Show . She was quite entertaining. We also enjoyed many of the exhibits and sampled various foods available. We have never gone to a fair here in Florida.

Honored Contributor

I need to put that Texas State Fair on my bucket list, I've heard so much about it.

The Alabama state fair used to be in Birmingham, close to my home but now it's at the state capital, about an hour's drive away.    I like it, it's not real big.    They still do all the blue ribbons for plants, crafts, food, photography, livestock, etc, which I like, of course.    The rides are so-so but there are many live shows.   They had the dock dogs one year, magicians, acrobats, etc and always the junk food, which at my age don't agree with me but I punish myself anyway.   It's held in late October, not so hot then and if I go it's first thing in the morning.   Would not be caught dead in the vicinity after dark.    The grands are 3 & 6, they might be old enough now to go.

Trusted Contributor

I am leaving this weekend on a solo trip to the Montana State Fair,my home state.

Have not  been in many years. But  when we were kids in the 60's the Fair was the biggest deal of the year.  

My walking stamina is not so good anymore,but hopefully they will have spots to sit for a bit. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and ours is usually the first couple of weeks in October. Still way to hot, to far to walk to parking, not in the best of neighborhoods, expensive, dirty, crowded. Haven't been in probably 30 years and no desire to go now.