Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

never been to one because i really can't stand to be under the sun all day. but, off topic and if you're interested, you should watch carnival eats on the cooking channel. i watch it all the time and love it. noah cappe is a fun host too. 

@freakygirl......At the New York State Fair there are a lot of shaded areas where I take a rest and people-watch. There's also several air conditioned buildings to go in. I don't care to be in the hot sun either so I appreciate these shaded areas. Thanks for the info on the cooking show featuring carnival food. I'll have to check it out! 

Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I love my State Fair in Syracuse, New York!! For the past several years my best friend & I have gone every year. A couple years we went twice. 

I love everything about it .... the food, games, free entertainment, going to the dairy building (the butter sculpture, 25 cents for chocolate milk, homemade fudge!!,

huge cookies, ice cream, etc), the home building (beautiful homemade quilts, etc.), people-watching ... Just love it all!!  :-) 

Another YES vote for the NYS fair.  Ditto everything.  I go every 2-3 years; it is just the same every time.  Even the vendors are in the exact same spots,  Always enjoy  it.

@EastCoastGal, did you see the one new thing they added, I think last year?  Native American village, with dancers, crafts, food.  A fun new addition.

@Peaches McPhee.....Yes! The NYS Fair! Great fun!  We missed the new Native American village last year but we plan to check it out this year. It does sound fun! ... By the way l love your nic! How did you think of such a great name?

Honored Contributor

The NYS Fair has got to be one of the best.

Terrible about yesterday's accident at the Ohio State Fair - a ride, The Fireball, malfunctioned and threw riders off onto the concrete below.  One person was killed and seven injured, one critcally.

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The NYS Fair has got to be one of the best.

Terrible about yesterday's accident at the Ohio State Fair - a ride, The Fireball, malfunctioned and threw riders off onto the concrete below.  One person was killed and seven injured, one critcally.

When I posted last night I didn't' know about this horrible accident!! My heart goes out to the young man's family and to the injured people and their families. I hope they all heal from their injuries....emotionally as well as physically. People go to their state fair to have a great time....but some people, such as these people, end up being killed or injured by the very ride they couldn't wait to ride on. There are too many of these accidents happening. I don't know the solution but I hope something is done to ensure the safety of those going on those rides....or if there IS a solution. Again, my heart hurts for those poor people involved. 

Honored Contributor

Upper Michigan had its own state fair that was more like a county fair in size and more to my liking.  I stay away from our hugh state fair near Milwaukee.