Respected Contributor

Re: You know you are getting really old when

@KathyPet wrote:

You are looking at photos of the attendees at theEmmy awards and you have no foggy idea who most of these people are.

That^  and where I really notice it is during the Grammy's - who are these musicians?

Honored Contributor

DH and I turned off the Emmy's last night and watched a rerun of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. They introduced a new band called The Who!  We watched the whole show and I said, "Honey, we are those old people we used to laugh at".

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I also had no idea who any of the nominees are since I have never seen any of the shows they're in.  I watch movies on TCM, reruns of Colombo and yesterday football.  Sad to say I don't know and don't care about the current crop of TV shows.

Honored Contributor

You're getting old when you have more hairs to tweeze on your chin than on your eyebrows. Sigh!!

Esteemed Contributor

That's pretty much why I no longer watch the Emmy's as I have no clue who these people are.  I like to watch the red carpet or google afterwards to see the fashions though. I'm a music lover though so I have a little more knowledge on who they are....or I've at least heard of them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

You know you are getting old when cat naps replace happy hour.

Hanging around: In this house, I¿m part of the furniture

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same for me KathyPet.  Books are my friends.

Respected Contributor

It's not growing old....it's growing UP and no longer worshiping at the altar of "celebrity". Lots more important things in life.

Esteemed Contributor

I know many of the musicians, singers, and groups, but I realized last night how few of the nominated shows I have ever watched.

Honored Contributor

you are getting old when movies are announced and you have no idea a movie was out with that title.

i haven't seen a movie in at least a couple of years.