Esteemed Contributor

You know you are getting really old when

You are looking at photos of the attendees at theEmmy awards and you have no foggy idea who most of these people are.

Honored Contributor

Re: You know you are getting really old when

LOL! @KathyPet-

Yeah I was thinking the same and 

"no foggy idea" -I can't stop laughing!🤣

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yeah, for sure!  Same thing with musicians, singers, groups!  Most of them I don't know --- and furthermore --- don't want to!!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think I went through that with a People magazine.  It's new chapter time.

Honored Contributor

It is not necessarily age that makes it hard to recognize these people. There are so many ways to access programming these days  it is impossible to know everyone .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

OMG DH and I said the same thing last night!  😂😂😂

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

You are looking at photos of the attendees at theEmmy awards and you have no foggy idea who most of these people are.

@KathyPet  but the best part is....   nor do you care!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet  but the best part is....   nor do you care!!!!!!

My answer would be the same as KathyPet: I just don't care or have no interest in keeping up with these people.

Honored Contributor

I was watching the Bob Newhart Show marathon during the weekend. And during the breaks Bob Newhart talked about his show. One segment he said that he was pleased that 40+ years after the show aired that people still are interested in the show and want to watch it.

He also stated in one segment that his show got ratings in the 42-45% range.

Wonder if any shows honored last night will be able to say the same thing in 40 years.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I was watching the Bob Newhart Show marathon during the weekend. And during the breaks Bob Newhart talked about his show. One segment he said that he was pleased that 40+ years after the show aired that people still are interested in the show and want to watch it.

He also stated in one segment that his show got ratings in the 42-45% range.

Wonder if any shows honored last night will be able to say the same thing in 40 years.

Good point, @drizzellla.  My daughter loves all the "old" shows and gameshows. She has even bought the whole Mary Tyler Moore series.  She loves Matchgame, Hollywood Squares, and so do I!  She is in her 40's and I am in my 60's.  I don't have a clue about the newcomers either.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!