Frequent Contributor

Yes you can still return that item even if........

I can't believe how many times I've read reviews of women complaining that they are stuck with their unsatisfactory purchase for one inaccurate reason or another.  I'm surprised that so many women don't understand what QVC's refund policy is and or act too helpless to get around one small non issue!  It's also frustrating when they give an item only 1-2 stars because they can't figure out how to return it!  Here are the most popular, frustrating excuses women give:

"I can't return it because I threw the invoice/paperwork away".

"I can't return it because I no longer have the box or bag it came in".

"I can't return it because I've had it more than 30 days".

"It's too expensive to return it".

"It's defective or obviously a return but I have to pay postage to return it".

"I can't return it because I wore it".

"I can't return it because I washed it".

"I can't return it because the first, second, fifth time I wore it it fell apart and or has come apart at the seams".

"I can't return it because it shrunk".

"I can't return it because it pilled".

Those are the most common excuses and every one is false!!

Ladies you absolutely can return those items!

If you don't have the invoice/paperwork go to your account on QVC's website and print out another invoice.  If you can't do that call customer service and ask them to mail you another invoice/label.  They will gladly mail another and will document they did and it won't matter if your return is late because you had to wait for the replacement lable/invoice.

You can mail your return in any mailing bag even those manilla bags with padding you buy at the grocery store or the drugstore.  You can buy several for like $2.00 or less.  Or any box you have around the house or that you buy at Hobby Lobby or the post office. 

If you've had it more than 30 days and you were out of town, sick, didn't get around to trying it on or opening package, got it, put it away, then months later went to wear it and realized it's the wrong size, had a stain, had a hole, call customer service and 9 times out of 10 they will gladly let you return for a refund, credit, or exchange even if it's been months!

You don't have to spend the $6.95 or more depending on the item to return it!  There is a small return label that says you pay postage for you to use or call customer service and get the address you're supposed to mail returns to that you're paying the postage on and write it on the box/bag/shipping envelope.  Take it to the post office and pay your own postage and it'll be much cheaper!  If you have several items to return I strongly recommend you take the time to go to post office and pay the postage! You can put all the items in the same box (with an invoice for each item) and I guarantee it'll cost 1/4-1/2 it would have cost if you used return labels and paid postage for each item!  I always go to post office when I have numerous items to return, light items like a bra, top, stuff like that, or if I'm going to be driving by the post office that week.  Out of all the years I've been doing it and all the items I've returned only once was the postage the same or a couple dollars more than what QVC wanted and that was with a pair of heavy boots.

If an item is defective, worn, obviously a return, damaged, doesn't work, not in mint condition when you pack for return on invoice check box that says you're returning it because it's defective and you will NOT be charged postage to return it! 

Ladies they specify you can return any item for any reason.  I've even heard hosts explain how you can wear it, and wash it and still return it! That's the whole point of a 30 day refund.  They want you to wear it and wash it/use it because they hope the more you do that the more you'll like it and not return it.  So yes you can return anything even bras and panties if you've worn them and or washed them!

Again the 30 day return policy covers ALL items regardless of if they've pilled, stretched out, shrunk, if you tore it, or if it came apart, if you spilled Clorox on it, red wine, it no longer works, or any other reason!  You can return it! 

Ladies take advantage of QVC's lenient, customer friendly return policy! Be proactive, be polite, rudeness is not the way to solve anything. Explain the problem and tell the representative what you want done to solve it.  If you simply can't do that ask them how they are going to resolve it. Ladies it's so worth the extra few minutes it may take to get your issue resolved! You'll be so much happier and the more you do it the more comfortable you'll become.  It'll also save you quite a bit of money!  You have nothing to lose! 

Peace.

Respected Contributor

Re: Yes you can still return that item even if........

Yes, yes, yes!! You see a lot of this in the reviews.  Thanks for addressing this issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first 2 always puzzle  me Woman Frustrated- and I wish I could contact the people!!

"I can't return it because I threw the invoice/paperwork away".

"I can't return it because I no longer have the box or bag it came in".

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this.  I too get frustrated when customers complain in the forum, and in their reviews, that the product was bad for some reason, so they just donate it, throw it out, or live with it.  If you don't like it, want it, or it is defective in some way, by all means, send it back.  Don't let QVC line their pockets because you don't know how or are too busy to send something back.

I specifically heard Antonella state the other day that garments can be washed and worn for 30 days and still be sent back for credit.

I have washed clothes according to the directions, they shrank and no longer fit the way I liked, and I sent them back for credit.  I am considering doing that right now with an Isaac M. top, pima cotton, that shrank.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Many times, people don’t bother to return something because it’s inexpensive enough that with the return s&h deducted, they’d get about $10-12 back. For a measly $10, it wouldn’t be worth the hassle of obtaining a label, finding or buying something to put it in, and taking it to be mailed. 

So no, it doesn’t bother me when people say “it’s not worth it”, because to many, including me, it isn’t worth it. And how many times do people post that QVC charged them for postage when they shouldn’t have, you have to watch your bank statements like a hawk, call them, complain - sometimes for multiple billing cycles. That would be way more of a PITA for a small amount of money than it’s worth. YMMV of course, but to some it isn’t worth it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

The only thing I take exception to is the cost of returning items being cheaper if I pay the postage.  In most instances, for me, this has not been the case.  Normally it is less expensive to use the QVC label, which many find too expensive and takes too long to get back to QVC.  

Perhaps paying your own postage is cheaper for others in different parts of the country, but unless I have a very small, light package, uninsured with no tracking number, that's not true for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@judEve

You cover many good points that judging by the reviews, a number of customers don't know. But I don't see why QVC or any other store should take back an item that the buyer has spilled wine or bleach on.  Where does it say that?  If that's so, then the rest of us are paying for another customer's accident/clumsiness in higher overall costs. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@judEve

You cover many good points that judging by the reviews, a number of customers don't know. But I don't see why QVC or any other store should take back an item that the buyer has spilled wine or bleach on.  Where does it say that?  If that's so, then the rest of us are paying for another customer's accident/clumsiness in higher overall costs. 

And perhaps you have hit on a reason why QVC's shipping and return prices are high.

I have never returned an item (to any merchant) when I messed it up.  But I have purposely bought things like shoes from QVC at a higher price than I could find them elsewhere because I knew I could wear them to see if I liked them.  Other retailers will not accept returns that are not able to be resold.  If I wear and wash an item and find I don't like it, I rarely return it.  But I don't complain about the retailer's shipping/return policy.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

The only thing I take exception to is the cost of returning items being cheaper if I pay the postage.  In most instances, for me, this has not been the case.  Normally it is less expensive to use the QVC label, which many find too expensive and takes too long to get back to QVC.  

Perhaps paying your own postage is cheaper for others in different parts of the country, but unless I have a very small, light package, uninsured with no tracking number, that's not true for me.

I do my reaserch on line to figure out the most economical way to send things back to Q. Flate rate envelopes work a lot of the time- I also use prioirty A or priority B - and return  multiple returns in one package (you need to get these boxes [for free Woman Happy] from usps.com). I don't pay more than $7 to return items; whether it be the flat rate envelope or the priority  A or B box.  The timeframe for delivery is also MUCH better than Q's return label.

Respected Contributor

@judEve wrote:

Again the 30 day return policy covers ALL items regardless of if they've pilled, stretched out, shrunk, if you tore it, or if it came apart, if you spilled Clorox on it, red wine, it no longer works, or any other reason!  You can return it! 

I completely disagree with most of this.  If you spilled Clorox or red wine on it, that's YOUR mistake and you own it.  Same with tearing it.  QVC should not have to eat the cost of an item that YOU ruined.  I would never consider asking a company to reimburse me for the cost of an item that I destroyed.  No wonder costs keep rising.  They have to make up the loss from people returning things they shouldn't!