Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.   So how do you in the Phoenix area feel about fending off Hurricane Rosa?  Who knew Arizona needed hurricane preparedness plans?  We may get about .25" of rain in Albuquerque,  more in the Western part of the state.  We're also supposed to have a cold front sneak in from the East.  Could we possibly be the first to have a snowicane?

California, are you ready for this?  Weather in the past decade has become riduculous.  I read an article yesterday where they said this could be in the worst winter in the past 100 years.  Trouble is...they didnt say where, so somewhere better look out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The entire country has had strange weather patterns in 2018. Would be cautious all across the US for more of the same. The plains are in for a bitterly cold and heavy snowfall this year. We haven't seen that in decades. Guess we can't complain, but how we're all dreading the likelihood!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Sheez.  I hadn’t heard about this.  I snow bird to that area. 

Respected Contributor

On The Weather Channel tonight they already had a Flash Flood warning for California.  I'm in Arizona and they are saying we could get 1-2 inches of rain.  The monsoon officially ends tomorrow so it's kind of ironic that we may be impacted by a hurricane.  Looking forward to temps in the 80's though.       

Honored Contributor

Hi @Kachina624      I'm on pretty high ground.....so I'm not expecting a deep water flood...........      But, the idea of a lengthy power failure scares the daylights out of me.     I know HOW to take the garage door off the motor, but I don't know if I am ABLE to hoist it by myself (!?!)   I am a little claustrophobic, and being a prisoner in my own house is unsettling....di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We'll hardly feel Rosa here on the front range of the Rockies in Colorado. Most of what will remain of Rosa will mainly affect the SW portion of CO. Too bad because the Eastern areas are still in a drought situation, as is much of the rest of the state. But not as severely as SW CO....severe drought in that area, like I've never seen before.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona  and it’s a rain storm. We don’t get powerful storms like on the east coast. It’s rain. Sure there’s may be some flooding somewhere but usually by the time all the hype from the weathermen is done it’s nothing but a rainstorm. The news media tends to hype everything and when it’s all said and done it’s like “what storm?” It’s finally cooler and I think the 100 degree days are finally over.  I don’t think it will be much of a storm but whatever rain we get will be welcome. 

Respected Contributor

We often get the remnants of hurricanes here in the Phoenix area. It's called a storm...LOL. 

Our monsoons have high winds and drenching rainstorms. We don't normally have to do "hurricane prep" here. Just common sense for a rain storm.

Esteemed Contributor

Avoid the I-10.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty  Am here in Phx too!  How I hope you're right!!  A long power outage would be concerning.  Had two short ones this summer, but nothing terrible.  At least the temps are down and I read it will be in the 70's next week!  WOWWWWW!