Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yes, Another Mask Thread. Open at Your Own Risk!

Just an FYI to those who live in the suburbs or a rural/outlier area where you feel relatively safe ~~

I have heard both Dr. Anthony Fauci and esteemed epidemiologist Michael Osterholm state it doesn't matter where you live, this virus can and will hunt.you.down. 

Honored Contributor

Maryland has had the mask requirement in stores since April 18.  I've been to the grocery store a handful of times since this started, and 100% of everyone I have come across is wearing a mask.  It doesn't make sense to me that it has taken some states so long.  I don't love everything about this state but I'm very happy our Governor is taking this very seriously.

Valued Contributor

We live in NC and mask became mandatory last week. I have only been to the grocery store and Target but the great majority of shoppers have had masks on. A big improvement from before the mandate! 

Valued Contributor

Wherever you live please wear a mask.  Passing mandates for select areas is like having a peeing section in a public pool.  

Honored Contributor

Ours here in Texas just started last Friday at noon. I have not seen an increase but I have only been to two stores very quickly all week.  I have not seen anyone my building at work wearing them except the Post Man and UPS man.  I did see one of the maintenance men for the building on our floor with one on.  The security guard at the door when I leave every day is not wearing one either. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot Mask compliance averaged fair, from the beginning, where I am in TX. But since the numbers skyrocketed, and they were mandated, I haven't seen anyone outside in public without one. I'm sure some remain belligerent, but I haven't heard of any incidents.  

Esteemed Contributor

While the Mayors of Minneapolis and St. Paul ordered mask-wearing in all public buildings within the city limits at least 6 weeks ago, our Governor has yet to enforce an order for the entire state. I have learned that some people are better suited to Mayberry RFD.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

Just an FYI to those who live in the suburbs or a rural/outlier area where you feel relatively safe ~~

I have heard both Dr. Anthony Fauci and esteemed epidemiologist Michael Osterholm state it doesn't matter where you live, this virus can and will hunt.you.down. 

@magicmoodz 

I drop whatever I'm doing when I see that Michael Osterholm is being interviewed.

And I remember back probably 2 months that epidemiologists/researchers/doctors were saying (when the virus was devastating NYC) that after that got under control that because of travel, much of it by people looking to get to "safer" ground, these hot spots were going to keep popping up all over the country, and no one could/can predict where.

Honored Contributor

I am in a county in Ohio that is now at a Level 3 and are mandated as of 6:00 this evening to wear masks.  Many are losing their minds over it.  You know, their rights and all.  

The county sheriff put something up immediately that basically says until they get further clarification on the mandate, they are not enforcing it and they do not want people flooding them with calls turning people/businesses in.  

Cuyahoga County is on the verge of being totally shut down again to the point they will only be allowed to leave for essential items. 

Respected Contributor

What I don't get is why people won't wear masks until and unless they are mandated to. 

Where is common sense and concern  for themselves and others? It is so sad and discouraging to see the purposeful ignorance and selfishness that has overtaken much of our country.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown