Respected Contributor

Anyone playing Wordle? 

We're addicted

Honored Contributor

@scatcat    It might be helpful to give us some idea what it is.  I never heard of it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I just started playing this week. I used to play a version of this with my mother when I was young.  

Respected Contributor

I had to look this up.  At first it said I had to sign up which I didn't want to do before trying the game at least once. I found a site that allowed me to try it for free.

Anyway, played once and got the word on the 4th try.  

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

I found a site that allowed me to try it for free but there were no hints. (I thought I'd read there would be hints?

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at Mon, Jan 10, 2022-1.54.23 AM.png

Anyway, played once and got the word on the 4th try.

WOW!!!!!!!!  You are good if you got the word w/o any hints. Smiley Surprised

@Kachina624  It's a word game.  I stumbled upon the site while looking for new word games to play online....

Spoiler
.while waiting for the drugs I'm taking to kick in. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I've got to say,

I already don't get it😅

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

The original game has no ads and you don't sign in. You can play once a day, everyone plays the same game that day (same word).

My DH and I play at the same time to see who gets the word first.

Jimmy Fallon got me hooked. It's fun

Trusted Contributor

You made me look. So far I've made four guesses, and have the last three letters in place. It sort of reminds me of the game Mastermind, but harder.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac when I first read there were hints I thought that meant hints in the form of sentences giving us some guidance by way of meaning or usage of the word.  After I thought about it, I realized the hints were the colored blocks. So I went back and deleted that from my orig post. 

Wait!  No, don't be too impressed! I need to verify that it took me to the fourth line to figure out the word by using the information provided in what I realized were the "hints".  Hope that makes sense.  I'm usually decent at word games but I'm not THAT good! Smiley Wink  

Respected Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

You made me look. So far I've made four guesses, and have the last three letters in place. It sort of reminds me of the game Mastermind, but harder.

@Caffeina 

Exactly. We used to play Mastermind as kids. My parents were both teachers so logical games, not TV, was our entertainment.

I ordered Mastermid off Amazon this morning