Honored Contributor

trying this for the first time today. first try i had two right letters, but both in the wrong position.....the rest are wrong. in my second try i have one in the right position, one in the wrong position, and the rest are wrong. how long do you usually work on these if you are playing? i heard these are a big hit at the office these days!

Wordle - A daily word game (powerlanguage.co.uk)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat  Well, thanks for the tip! I think this is a good exercise for us Scrabble players. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard of Wordle until yesterday when it was featured on a local tv talk show. I tried it and solved it with my third word.

This game goes too fast. I prefer Crypytoquips.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  Not sure what you mean when you ask how long do people work on these.  You get six guesses. If you don't get the correct word in six tries, it's over. There's only one puzzle per day.

Valued Contributor

@scatcat @sunshine45 

Thanks. Love puzzles. Taught gifted students and used logic and word puzzles.

Solved this one in 4 steps! Beginner's luck or critical thinking.

Valued Contributor

Just started playing. It's a low pressure fun game. It's about time the assault on the English Language stops. 

Honored Contributor

I gave it a quick try this morning but wandered off...lol.  I tried it again and got the word in four tries.  

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter in law turned me on to this a few days ago.  So far I've played every day and enjoying it because it doesn't take too long.  I've never been a fan of word games before. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

That's a fun game, I'd never heard of it. Hubs and I got it in 3 tries tho we used different words....(except at the end, of course)....

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sunshine45  Not sure what you mean when you ask how long do people work on these.  You get six guesses. If you don't get the correct word in six tries, it's over. There's only one puzzle per day.

@VanSleepy 

yes, i know that. was just wondering do you try to solveit all in one sitting or do you take notes and leave it for a while and then come back to it?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein