Honored Contributor

I love Wordle and play every day. Today I picked a random word from my desk calendar, and it was the word. That was my first and probably only time to get it on first try. Just lucky ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor
Lol. Good for you. Best I have ever done is 2. Mostly takes 3 or 4 for me. I'm always so pleased when I only have 2 letters in the wrong spot and somehow guess the correct word.
Honored Contributor

Wow, that's awesome!  I've gotten it on my 2nd try a couple of times.  I play the unlimited version and love it.

Once I guessed a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune as soon as they lit the boxes up.  It was:  A penny for your thoughts.

Occasional Contributor

Love playing Wordle---it's my treat for the day!

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 @That's a wow! Lucky you! And, not an easy one! I wonder what the odds are???????
Took me 4. Have gotten 2 twice!  Something fun and quick to look forward to each day.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 @That's a wow! Lucky you! And, not an easy one! I wonder what the odds are???????
Took me 4. Have gotten 2 twice!  Something fun and quick to look forward to each day.

@Zaimee , I know, right ?  I usually get it in 4 or five, a few times 2 or 3. It will probably never happen again.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I can't even figure out how to play it. That and Sodoku.

Honored Contributor

I've seen this game mentioned and some Facebook friends post about it but I do t have a clue what the rules are or how to play it.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've seen this game mentioned and some Facebook friends post about it but I do t have a clue what the rules are or how to play it.  

@JeanLouiseFinch - once a day, go to google and search Wordle.  The very first result will be from the New York Times.  Click to open. 

The premise is you have 6 chances to guess the word of the day. So, for your first guess, just pick a random 5 letter word.  I am no expert but pick something with common letters and a few vowels.  Then hit enter.

if you guessed a letter (or letters) correctly and the letter(s) is green, you not only guessed the right letter, but it's in the correct place.

If any of the letters are correct but in the wrong place, they will be yellow. 

If you don't get any of them right, they will be gray.

So, keeping in mind how you did in the first row, your first guess, try to guess again.....and again....and hopefully get the correct word during the 6 tries.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch , You get 6 tries to figure out the word of the day. You enter a 5 letter word and if the letter is correct and in the correct spot it will be green. If the letter is correct but in the wrong spot it will be yellow, if the letter is not in the word it will be gray. Think of it like wheel of fortune.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan