Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I do t have a clue what the rules are or how to play it.  

@JeanLouiseFinch   "Sample" game w/instructions.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at Sun, Mar 13, 2022-1.54.19 PM.png

HTH

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@catter70   I do not understand Sodoku at all.  Math is not my forte unless I have a calculator.  hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac , I have to laugh----I cannot do math even with a calculator. mr henny the mathematician and engineer says I don't think in a linear manner, whatever that means.

Respected Contributor
You don't need to know anything about math to do Sudoku. You're just putting 1-9 in the squares; you're not doing any calculations.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac @Wordl requires the process of elimination and knowledge of common words and their spellings. You are good at analyzing and drawing conclusions and you definitely have the word knowledge. If you don't have a specific learning disability that will not allow you to see words with your mind when letters are missing (some people have this problem), then you can do WORDL. 

Honored Contributor

@catter70 and @JeanLouiseFinch 

I used to try to get as many vowels as possible into my first guess, but it's easier to guess the word with consonants.

I start with stern fairly often. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

I love Wordl.  I try to do it every morning when I'm on my first cup of coffee.  I only guessed it on the second line once.  Have had several for each of the other lines and there have been 2 times I've lost after 6 tries.  It's fun.  

Sudoku is another story.  Logic and patterns.  Not always easy for me. Last winter I made myself do the Sudoku every day.  I disctinctly remember the first time I solved the highest difficulty level.  I was ecstatic!  You'd think I won the lottery for a million!  

There are some things that come easy with Sudoku and some stuff I pretty much had to get experience to realize.  I don't know how to explain it any other way.  But if you start out with the easier ones you'll feel more and more confident over time and eventually you'll solve the harder ones, too. If I can complete the level 5s, anyone can! Smiley Happy  

Regular Contributor

Think of 5 letter words with consonant blends and as many vowels you can. Don't forget the letter Y is s vowel.

Honored Contributor

If you love Wordle you may also enjoy Quordle.  It's four Wordles going at once.  You get nine tries and each letter (word) you select applies to all four puzzles.  They play off each other.  I play it every day after Wordle.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon   The first time I tried Quordle it was a bit overwhelming and I didn't even try to finish it. But I gave it another chance and  now I also do it right after Wordle every day 😊