Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Check to see if your area stores use INSTA-CART for groceries and pet supplies.  You can not only order online, but they actually DELIVER and can put the heavy items where you want them.  I pulled my hamstring and couldn't put any weight on my leg, so I used this service and ordered a full week's grocery list,  and a strong young girl delivered---she carried in the heavy cat litter container, and a large 16lb bag of cat food, along with all my other groceries.  It depends on the day of the week on what the service charge is for delivery....I ordered it on a mid week day mid morning and it was only $9, and then of course I included a tip for the delivery person.  It was worth it.  I also got a coupon emailed for free delivery on my next order, so I tried it a second time and things went well too.........

If you use prescription cat food INSTA-CART also delivers for Petsmart in some locations and might be able to deliver your prescription cat food to you.....check it out.......

You can use your PC or a phone app for them that tracks the progress of your order as they shop, they call or text if there are any questions, and then it shows a map tracking their drive to your home, so you know when they are going to arrive at your door.  

I know a lot of people use Amazon to order pet food and cat litter, and these things are so heavy so I thought about doing that just for these items, but I was worried it would be delivered to our Condo Mail Center instead of our door....so ordering things online wouldnt help me much and create more of a hassle if they did that, but Insta-Cart solved that issue......You can use Insta-Cart once in awhile or they have a set yearly fee you can pay and have them deliver all the time....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

My question was valid. I really did wonder.

You all have made very valid and fabulous reasons why! It makes total sense to me now!

My mindset was if I buy those things from shopping channels, it will cost alot if it has to be returned. And I do my share of returning to stores due to so many times things dont fit right or shrink once washed etc.

But in the cases you have talked about I really can understand why now  Smiley Happy

I was IN NO WAY being harsh or bashing anyone whatsoever. 

I simply was truly wondering.

And also in my wondering there are other things to be bought on shopping channels than jewelery and clothing to the person that commented about it.

Hey, don't worry about it , you asked and were answered . Some folks on here get their knickers in a twist quite easily.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Where I live it's in an area that not a lot of things are delivered to.

Difficult to explain.  It's close to city, but it's still rural.  Of course Amazon, etc delivers to my house, as I said, no problem.

The OP was talking about going out shopping.  These days pretty much everyone can order anything to be delivered to the house.

I do order everything.  Believe me!  Ha!  I just re-ordered 80 each tootsie roll pops (my latest 'thing').

As I said I order specific cat food, bird seed, you name it.

If I can't get something up my stairs (from the garage door) (split foyer), I either call the kid next door, my friend down the street or my friend that helps with chores around the house.

I wish I could get prepared meals (i.e. Olive Garden, etc) delivered.  However, in my area the only prepared food I can get delivered is pizza.

My daughter lives in the city of Denver.  She can have restaurants deliver prepared food to her door.  THAT'S what I'd love to do as I don't like to cook much anymore.

On the weekends (I eat lunch out 4 days a week) I get prepared food on Friday (at lunch) and often eat it (if I don't go out) Saturday and Sunday.  

Of course sometimes I cook whatever I want to eat.

But thanks for thinking of me.  Your kind words were appreciated.

I do go out shopping sometimes.  Last week I spent time shopping at Home Depot (love those stores).  I bought dirt, seed, etc.  Then when I got home I had the kid next door (when he got home from work/college) bring it up to my back porch.

Again, thanks for taking the time to think about me.  You are a lovely, thoughtful person.  I'm so glad I can come here and learn from everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I buy online mostly.  I also buy from QVC.

I've noticed the younger people in our family buy online as well.

Once I know my size in a brand, I rarely return items.

My husband buys from LLBean or REI. 

I have to admit, we are part of the reason for the demise of

brick and mortar shopping.

As far as grocery shopping, I admit I go to about four different stores and enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

I started with Q just as it changed over.  I loved the personality of Kathy Levin and I loved the fashion shows.  It was fun to see the colors and prints on Saturday morning while I drank my coffee and cuddled with the dog. I didn't like having to place the order during the presentation!

I loved Judith Ripka because I love silver.  I got her special value with the three wide hinged bangles and the linked bracelet with the heart charm.

Then Rachel Zoe came and I loved her clothes!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

So I have been wondering why people buy clothing and jewelry from shopping channels?

Why  not just shop in real stores?

Im not bashing anyone. I am just asking a question.

With shipping costs for returns no way would I be buying these from any shopping channel.

First of all, I’m not sure why people come out with the gloves off and get prickly when in bold OP stated she was not bashing anyone and just asking a question.  

It’s an honest question and I wondered too since before “going to the mall” was fun! So to answer your question, I hate store dressing rooms and having to find an associate, walking store to store, trying to cull through so much before running out of time.  So, now I shop on my schedule, take my time and try it on at home. Granted, I tend to shop from places with free shipping and returns unlike the Q. 

Respected Contributor

Some of us can’t “just” go to stores due to disability.

Respected Contributor

Shop with care, don't buy impulsively, especially study the fit, features and click here measurements of garments, read reviews. Don't buy jeans or shoes, they are too hard to fit.   Then the only problem you could have is (1)damaged item which will return free or (2)bad fit and exchanges are free.  

Respected Contributor

Where I live there isn’t much selection.

I hate being ostracized to the women’s section which has fewer selections, are often frumpy and costs more than misses sizes.

I hate crowds.

Are those enough?

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 stated:   "My first preference is to get out and shop in the stores.  My tax dollars stay here"

No matter where you buy from online any taxes go to the state you live in.