Esteemed Contributor

Years back the jewelry prices were very reasonable....these days i very rarely order jewelry......as far as clothing...i didn't for many  years.....but unfortunately ...i have had to order from different online vendors as getting out to the B & M

stores over the last few years at times have been a struggle and thats where the convenience comes in......

Respected Contributor

I don't wear much jewelry but my only brick and morter choice is Walmart.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I enjoy online shopping, not necessarily QVC. There are very few items I cannot purchase elsewhere without shipping and free returns. There are sites, for clothing, where I have purchased enough clothing that I know how the sizes run and can fairly sure if I order, it’ll be a keeper.

Mall shopping is also enjoyable. I can actually see/feel the items. This is the only way I’d purchase makeup or jewelry, for example. It can be frustrating purchasing clothing at B&M stores. I find exactly what I find, but then not in my size or preferred color. So I have to go to their site anyway to purchase it.

Besides the mall has Chick Fil A and Cinnabon (🤪)!!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

So I have been wondering why people buy clothing and jewelry from shopping channels?

Why  not just shop in real stores?

Im not bashing anyone. I am just asking a question.

With shipping costs for returns no way would I be buying these from any shopping channel.

Imagine living in an area where Walmart is your only shopping choice and real stores are at least 45 min. away. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I buy from shopping channels because it's something I enjoy doing!  Can't say that about bucking traffic, crowds, check-out lines, etc., that I might encounter shopping B&M stores.  

Contributor

Quality Value Convenience

Honored Contributor

I'm also not bashing anyone.  However, I have to wonder if the question was asked by someone who has no problem getting out of a car and walking and walking around in stores, etc.

For various reasons many people (especially as the Boomer generation gets old(er) it becomes difficult to do many of things (like shopping in stores).

I (like many of you other 'Boomers used to shop for hours, come home, fix dinner and on and on.  Doesn't happen much anymore.  Often I'm lucky if I can stand up long enough to fix myself a good meal.

One year ago this month I had both knees replaced (at the same time).  It wasn't difficult for me at all because I live with constant terrible back pain.  Every time a Dr or another patient (in rehab) would say, "Wow!  I'll bet your knees hurt".  I'd say, "No, but my back hurts".

So, there you have it.  I'm speaking for myself (and maybe some who don't come to this QVC forum).  There are people (not all Boomers) who have to rely on friends and family to shop for them.

As for me, I'm grateful for on line ordering.  I have two cats who eat special prescription food.  I'm able to order it on-line.  I can call the kid next door and he carries it up to my kitchen after it's been delivered.  My groceries?  Well, I can order them on-line, drive up and have them put in my car and.....again, call the kid next door...(Ah!  Youth!).

So, there you have MY reason and probably many other's for WHY we/us/them shop on line. 

The human spirit in us makes us want to be part of society.  We want to wear nice things and give nice things. 

In order to do that many of us have to  make the concession of ordering on-line.  It isn't easy, but just something that needs to be done......or give up.

Which would you @FlowerBear do?  If you're lucky you'll live long enough to be able to make that decision....

Incidentally, my daughters (and some of my grandchildren) don't shop in stores much.  Not because they can't but because they are busy or can't find what THEY want, not what the store decides THEY want.

If a person is overweight, it's also difficult for them to find the size and kind of clothes they like.  An on-line store doesn't have an issue with storing large quantities of many sizes of clothing.  Just another reason to shop on line.

Here's the story in a nutshell....it's all about choice...the choice to be able to shop where and how we want to.

Honored Contributor

@Jazzygurl wrote:

Quality Value Convenience

@Jazzygurl. Really?

Respected Contributor

Another reason might be the "easy pay" options for those on limited monthly budgets, it might be easier to pay over several months time.  For me, I do a lot of purchasing on-line (not jewelry or clothing) for the convenience of having it delivered to my home.  

I purchase the items that I can't seem to find in my local stores - lock & lock being one of them.   Although I have purchased jewelry on-line that I could have gotten locally before more then once - ebates was 10% that time, so the extra $ paid for the tax.

There are lots of reasons that people may order clothing or jewelry, or even mattresses online, I'm just glad we have the option.  When I was younger, it was what was available at the local stores, or it was nothing.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Contributor

Why yes!!!  I am probably the type of consumer that QVC targets.  I shop QVC and other online sites mainly for the convenience.  I live in an area where I am no more than 20 minutes from high end stores to discount stores.  I can afford to shop at any of them.  I prefer to shop online.  I am not one to always constantly hunt for sales or always looking for discounts.  I buy what I want when I want it and if it is at a price I am willing to spend.  I absolutely hate shopping for clothes in stores.  I have not shopped in a mall in years.  I also do not care about the shipping costs.  I return very few items I purchase.  QVC works for me.  

I am sure there are many people like me out there.  You just don't here from us that much.  I have been on these boards for more than a decade and read all the time about people's issues with QVC.  I always wonder why they are still here if they are so unhappy.  If and when I get tired of QVC, I just won't come here anymore.