Honored Contributor

The winter snow storm came through and in my area only 3.5 inches but some surrounding areas had up to 10 to 12 inches.  This is Chicago area.  Now it is extremely cold below zero tonight and the next 10 day forecast calls for 20 and below degrees except for 1 or 2 days.  This weather was the norm when I was growing up in Chicago.  How about you?  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It's supposed to turn colder tomorrow with winds of 50-70mph around the state.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

In S Florida it's 40 degrees tonight and windy......freezing for us, not used to it!  brrrrrrrrrrrr

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  Got up this a.m. to-28 degrees.  Now that's too cold for man or beast.

Trusted Contributor

It's -1 and the wind is terrible here in Massachusetts.  Everyone stay warm. 

I feel so bad for the pups!  Mine isn't going to be happy going outside.  Still under the covers hiding right now. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in Chicago too.  It's bitterly cold out.  I drove my husband to the airport and the temp was 8 degrees.  

It's January - we still have a ways to go.  *sigh*

Honored Contributor

Thankfully we didn't get a lot -- not like that predicted ---at least so far!  But it is terribly cold.  I am not even leaving the house today.  It's just bitter out there.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Winter is Finally HERE!

[ Edited ]

We received 8" where I'm at. And very windy.  At least the temperature is above zero today.  Every day is one more closer to spring. 

Respected Contributor

Well, my hometown made the "places with terribly cold temperatures" chart on the Today Show this morning at -13. We got roughly 8 inches of snow over the weekend but it didn't slow anyone down. It's winter. It gets cold and it snows. It's not a big surprise. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

We didn’t get any snow here in the DC suburbs, but it is freezing cold! Yesterday it was so windy that trees and power lines were down all over the place. They’re predicting highs in the mid-20’s with wind chills below zero. They’re telling folks to stay inside unless they absolutely have to go out.