Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Are people in the heartland or in the east able to buy fine wine from the CA wine country?  Or from France?

yes, we have good liquor stores AND liquor stores that are almost as big as a supermarket.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

we are big wine drinkers.....and we like our cocktails also. LOL my daughter has a wine and food blog AND is a member of the wine studio that meets online from across the country almost every week.

we like inexpensive and expensive wines from around the country and around the world. if the deal is right, i am willing to try them. i ordered the 12 bottle set.

it doesnt bother me at all that they are selling wine at all times of the day.

Sunshine,

I too ordered the 12 bottle set and got autodelivery. If we like it I will bring the 2nd case on a Family Vacation we have planned. I can make Sangria etc.  if we're not thrilled with them ...I will cancel the autodelivery. I thought it was a great price.

@DREAMON

yes, it was a great price1

i also used my Q card so i will be getting a $10 gift card back PLUS i ordered them a couple of days ago when qvc was at 12% rebates on ebates!

i am looking forward to trying it, especially the chardonnay.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Are people in the heartland or in the east able to buy fine wine from the CA wine country?  Or from France?

yes, we have good liquor stores AND liquor stores that are almost as big as a supermarket.

Thanks @sunshine45 !

Respected Contributor

Nothing is wrong with drinking some in the morning.

I love my Prosecco for breakfast!!!! Not every day though.

I am a huge wine fan. And my preference is French. Bordeaux is my love!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Oh for crying out loud.

People are now getting their knickers in a twist, because QVC is selling wine in the morning?

Really.

They just need to get over it.

Now I think that I have heard everything.

Are we now not allowed to buy pancake syrup in the evening?

Respected Contributor

My grandmother firmly believed her blackberry brandy would cure everything... She was a dandy...

eta - I'm becoming the eta pro...anyway... I have not had a drink of alcohol in many years...can't recall when maybe 16 but.....was xmas and my mil put some in the egg nog....egg nog was in a tiny t cup.....omg, thought I'd die....ran to the outside to cool air......took me a week to recover..

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Noel7. Some liquor stores are the size of a warehouse. Wines are from every country in the world. Yours in Ca. must be the same. We are always trying wines from around the world. However, we try to keep it at a certain price point! Easy to get carried away.

Honored Contributor

Alcohol is sold in grocery stores, convenience stores, etc 24/7 except for Sunday mornings 2am to 8am here.  Why the state shut it down then is crazy since it can be purchased around the clock any other time.  

People buy it at all hours.  It doesn't mean they run home and get drunk....or even have one drink.  

Time to widen the view of the world. 

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

At 8 a.m.?   I know things are grim, but is this a responsible answer?

It's official:  I have now heard it all.

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

It's not the time of day, it's the wine they're selling. I looked the guy up the last time he was on and wasn't impressed by his 'winemaker' credentials. I live in the middle of and surrounded by wine country, and the QVC Wine Club offerings are like "Who?" "What?" Meh.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is about the time of day (to sell wine) since that's exactly what the OP referenced.