Super Contributor

At 8 a.m.?   I know things are grim, but is this a responsible answer?

Respected Contributor

I think it's ok to buy wine at any time of the day.  I can't see how it is irresponsible to sell it in the morning.

Honored Contributor

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I've been at the liquor store at 9:00 a.m.  I'm not going straight home to start drinking it - usually :-) 

Respected Contributor

People drink wine at church in the morning.

Honored Contributor

Our liquor stores do not open until 11am.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Our liquor stores do not open until 11am.

That's why you get prepared beforehand.

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone will take this for what it is- a very funny statement that totally lightened the daySmiley Happy

Ok-here goes-

Once when all the fifth grade team was preparing for field day at our school, it was already a crazy zoo at 11am.

We met for a breather in the hall, and commented on one of the catastrophes already happening and the teacher who had been there the longest and who had the dryest funniest sense of humor said in her drawl-

"Well, its never too early to drink!"

It was so unexpected and something a respected fifth grade teacher wouldn't say, we just burst out laughing and boy did we need a good laugh about then!

I say bring it on! (in ahem moderation of course and don't drink and drive!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Wine at 8:00 am is perfect for my shift guys that get off at 6 am!  Some mornings I wish I could join them.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Really?  Now I have to worry about what time of day I'm buying things?

If so -  someone has to teach me the rules  - although I do believe Rhett's final words to Scarlett apply here.