Respected Contributor

My advice is don't update.  Microsoft doesn't want anything on your computer that isn't microsoft.  

Itunes right now is not compatible with windows 10.

I'm assuming that they will have to fix itunes compatibitly sooner or later.

I downloaded the chrome browser again  so I got all my online bookmarks back.   And of course I had forgotten my google password and had to go thru verification again.

It says you can go back to your old operating system within in a month but I honestly don't think I'll be able to.  My biggest issue is the itunes.

But I can only say I was dumb to update.  I requested a call back yesterday from microsoft and the soonest is friday afternoon. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Just DON'T

[ Edited ]

Hi, lovescats, I appreciate the advice.

I have Windows 8.2 on a computer bought a few months ago, and just found out yesterday that Itunes has been lost, even in the transition to 8.2. My pictures library is a bit goofy, too.

I had thought about Windows 10 as I have a discount offer but I will pass on any more "upgrades."

Respected Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Hi, lovescats, I appreciate the advice.

I have Windows 8.2 on a computer bought a few months ago, and just found out yesterday that Itunes has been lost, even in the transition to 8.2. My pictures library is a bit goofy, too.

I had thought about Windows 10 as I have a discount offer but I will pass on any more "upgrades."

Even if the discount is 98% it is not worth it.  Microsoft offered this update free and I can see why.

Esteemed Contributor

The "update" or "patch" to convert your old OS to Windows 10 is never as good as the whole product, a machine with the entire Windows 10 OS installed from the beigining.

My best advice is to wait to get Windows 10 until you need a new computer and buy one with it already installed.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@betteb wrote:

The "update" or "patch" to convert your old OS to Windows 10 is never as good as the whole product, a machine with the entire Windows 10 OS installed from the beigining.

My best advice is to wait to get Windows 10 until you need a new computer and buy one with it already installed.

for the time this takes to download and install I wouldn't call it a patch.  My OS is now windows 10  and it doesn't give me the option to go back even though microsoft says you can.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@betteb wrote:

for the time this takes to download and install I wouldn't call it a patch.  My OS is now windows 10  and it doesn't give me the option to go back even though microsoft says you can.  

Unless your old OS is competely wiped off the machine, it's a patch, I'm pretty sure.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!

When this first came up, my first concern was that there would be some software, and possibly hardware, that would not be compatible.

Furthermore, I did one of those free OS upgrades one time (from Vista to Win7) and there were problems so I was pretty skittish on this one.  I did think about it for a while but decided against it for all of my computers.

One thing that i like is that icon is gone.  Yeah, I'm weird, but I don't like having clutter and that icon was just some clutter that i couldn't get rid of.  Smiley Happy 

Anyway, for the OP and those who have decided to go with this OS upgrade, I hope it goes well.  I hope there comes a solution for your iTunes.  That's a pretty important program to lose!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Hope everyone installing this backed up their computers 1st. We will have a current backup on our external hard drive before this gets installed. DH will try on his laptop 1st since it already have 8.2 on it. I'm in no hurry.

Honored Contributor

I've been thinking about buying a new computer and was wondering if I should wait.  Looks like wait it is.  I hope they clear up your issues soon!