Honored Contributor

Vivid color and our surroundings

(please, NO negativity or bigotry!)

from WeTheUrban.com
"CELEBRATING THE BEST IN FASHION, ART, MUSIC, & DESIGN"

In a fantastic attempt at urban renewal, the government of Mexico recently collaborated with a group of local street artists called Germen Crew to paint a 20,000 square meter mural across the facades of 209 homes in a low-income district in Pachuca, Mexico.

In addition to making the neighborhood a more dazzling place, the project was also a tool for social transformation. 

Jobs were created in order to complete the creative endeavor, and 452 families benefited from the exterior painting.

thmbup.gif (28×22)
Honored Contributor

Re: Vivid color and our surroundings

[ Edited ]

feline groovy,

I don't know anything about this except to think the colors are beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.

P.S.  Love your siggy!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Beautiful idea!

Thanks for sharing this @feline groovy!

❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I like when blighted areas do things like this. My only concern is always what is going to happen when it fades and peels? 

Our downtown area has done similar things in certain areas (more mural type art though) and after a number of years, the walls look bad from fading and wear. If there isn't a plan in place to keep it up, it can end up looking worse than before they started.

If this was my living environment, I'd think it would raise the spirit and sense of pride to see the clean up and the change.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  I like color but that's too much for me. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Nice concept, but not loving the look.  Kind of clashes with nature.