Honored Contributor

Re: Why the heels??

[ Edited ]

@retired10 wrote:

Just venting here....I just can't understand why QVC features models wearing heels when they model summer length pants, ie., crops, pedal pushers, etc.  Don't they realize that in the "real world", women wear comfortable,  FLAT shoes such as flip flops, sandals, etc.  I especially see this with Susan Graver and Kim Gravel.  I guess everyone wears heels to portray a slimming, longer illusion.   It's just not realistic.

@retired10 

As a petite person, I totally understand where you are coming from....

I hate when the hosts/models/vendors wear these high or stilleto heels and then say they are "petite" and those heels totally change how the length hits them on pants, dresses. capris, peddle pushers, shorts etc..... Thats not giving a true picture of how they would look on a petite.....

Around here in South Texas the majority wear "kitten heels", wedges, flats, sandals, and in the fall/winter boots.....   Too many people have found what really high heels do to your feet given time......Only those in their teens or those in their early twenties wear high heels with jeans or capris because the impact hasn't caught up with them yet.......

And the Q designers keep saying the look today is comfy/casual so to me that goes with the shoes worn with these comfy/casual outfits....Not talking flip flops which I hate, but a nice sandal or wedge is practical and more comfortable than heels...

And I think you are right, they wear these high heels to make their legs appear slender and it gives the pants, skirts, dresses, capris, shorts, peddle pushers, a "leaner look"............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

the old adage.....sex sells.

Honored Contributor

heels + pedal pushers = SEX?????

who knew? Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
I think it looks awful when the heels some models are wearing look two sizes too big and they have to move carefully to not walk out of them. Guess they only have one or two sizes available so you choose the one that is too big and hope for the best. You see the same thing in print and online models.
Honored Contributor

Everything I own other than my athletic shoes have heels 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

heels + pedal pushers = SEX?????

who knew? Smiley LOL

@sunshine45  LOLLOLLOLWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved high heels and wore them with all types of clothing.  Unfortunately, from years of working out and meniscus surgeries, I rarely wear them as my knees just cannot take too much.  I do like seeing the different shoes on the models, and the hosts do point out that the outfits can be worn with a variety of shoes.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Regular Contributor

In my real world I wear heels almost every day. Unlike a lot of posters I leave the house every day to go to work.  I love my 3 inch wedge sandals with crops and cargo pants.  I'll wear a 2 inch heel with shorts - I wear flip flops at the beach and at home.  I do not own ballerina flats as I find them pretty darn ugly and hard to wear.  I don't watch QVC so I don't really know what the models are wearing on their feet.  Most of the shoes on the Q are very ugly and orthapedic.  And nothing on the Q = sex...lol @ sex sells.  hahahaha

Regular Contributor

@retired10 wrote:

Just venting here....I just can't understand why QVC features models wearing heels when they model summer length pants, ie., crops, pedal pushers, etc.  Don't they realize that in the "real world", women wear comfortable,  FLAT shoes such as flip flops, sandals, etc.  I especially see this with Susan Graver and Kim Gravel.  I guess everyone wears heels to portray a slimming, longer illusion.   It's just not realistic.

@retired10 what real world do you live in....flip flops at work are frowned upon.  Most women I know wear heels on a daily basis.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Why the heels??

[ Edited ]

What is realistic is the fact that nearly all models wear heels and wear them from jeans to bathing suits.  Heels make your legs look good.   Not only do they wear heels as a uniform, but in one size.  During fashion shows, heels are everywhere and most of them one size.  They cram their feet in them and walk.  Besides having a great walk, one factor how good a model is  wearing heels two sizes too small and walking around as if they were made for her. I still wear heels (when I was on campus) even with jeans and a blazer. Amazing  how heels dress up in the most mundane fashion.  I would wear sneakers going to work.  Then change in to heels at work.