Valued Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, you can't be talking to me because I start at least one or two new topic threads a day. That said, I reserve the right to complain about aspects of this forum that don't work well or make no sense and to challenge the Q to do better in terms of programming!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

mousiegirl wrote:

What is the name of the thread about vegetables and bugs?

It's called "I feel like saying something hateful", started by colliesgirl!  Ironic that a thread with that title turned out to be so much fun! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The thread I started about lecturing has just been removed so it seems my point has been made and is valid. This thread remains while a counter thread, one that is no more contentious than this one, is removed in minutes. 

Trusted Contributor

kittymom NC...
So true what you said. You are so right. ♥️♥️
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I expressed in great detail(who me ?) in another thread

sometime back how i feel about those that complain, but to those that cannot do anything about it. If I complain always try to do it to someone that has the authorithy go do something about it.

While i have never been one to start many threads, I also have never complained about the things you have mentioned in your thread. At the same time if there is something that bothers me, or I think is not right?  My method is almost always to pursue solutions regardless how much of my time it takes to do it. Chronic complainers I tune out, here and in my real world, and believe me I have listened to many in my life time because of my knack of somehow getting myself in leadership positions.

I like your thread.

Hi John, as you know, we disagree on many things, but I've always enjoyed reading your posts.  I like the way you just put it out there and let the chips fall where they may!

In this case, my post has been interpreted by some as "scolding" or "complaining about the complainers", but it isn't that at all, and I'm sorry some took it that way.  If people want to complain about what QVC sells, or how this board is more difficult, or what they don't like about it and would like to have changed, that's okay with me.  I did my share of that when the change first happened. We can't control any of that without voicing our concerns and disappointments... hopefully that's how changes will happen.

But to complain about the boards being so dull and uninteresting and lacking in humor and boring, and not taking any responsibility for that, is a whole other ballgame.  It's as though some posters feel that it's the responsibility of everyone else to keep them entertained.  I know a lot of people don't like to start threads, and I know why.  I often hesitate to start one (and don't do that many), because I've had my head handed to me on a platter more than once, no matter how innocent the subject.  But if no one ever started a discussion, there would be no boards!  If people stay away, and then just pop in once in a while to see what's going on, they miss the good stuff and then complain that there isn't any "good stuff".  

Yes, the moderators have stopped a lot of the political and religious comments, and the pages of arguments between posters, and sometimes maybe they delete something that could have stayed... but I think they have a difficult job and I wouldn't want to have to do it.  

If we don't keep these forums interesting for ourselves, then who will?

(And thank you very much for saying you like my thread!)

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The thread I started about lecturing has just been removed so it seems my point has been made and is valid. This thread remains while a counter thread, one that is no more contentious than this one, is removed in minutes. 

I was JUST coming here to point out the same thing.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I would really like to know what point was made... if you care to elaborate. (ETA: I meant this question to OR)

Honored Contributor

The Point

Some threads stay while other similar threads are removed depending on who posted them. You have been defending the new BB so your thread stays, I've been critical and mine goes. The same uneven removal exists, the measles thread, which is both political and controversial remains as did the marriage one while the thread posted for those not celebrating the ruling was removed.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I would really like to know what point was made... if you care to elaborate. (ETA: I meant this question to OR)

The point is not really about your thread in particular but more generally about how QVC let's stand posts and threads wherein posters scold, bully and excorate those who agitate for change here (some call it complaining, others see it differently). Your post is, like all things you write, coming from a kind place. Others have not been so polite. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat