Respected Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

[ Edited ]

There's a big difference between daily, hourly constant
chronic complaining which its human nature to get very
tired of versus constructive complaints and suggestions though.

Maybe the chronic complaining is what's grating on people's nerves?

I still don't know of bullying (term used too much and misused
imho) going on because I haven't seen it.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

The thread I started about lecturing has just been removed so it seems my point has been made and is valid. This thread remains while a counter thread, one that is no more contentious than this one, is removed in minutes. 

I was JUST coming here to point out the same thing.

I would really like to know what point was made... if you care to elaborate. (ETA: I meant this question to OR)

The point is not really about your thread in particular but more generally about how QVC let's stand posts and threads wherein posters scold, bully and excorate those who agitate for change here (some call it complaining, others see it differently). Your post is, like all things you write, coming from a kind place. Others have not been so polite. 

I agree that sometimes I don't understand why a post or a thread is removed, and not having seen what was happening on OR's thread when it was deleted, I can't comment on that particular one.  However, there really have been a lot of threads removed that could be seen as having come from both viewpoints, i.e., I've seen many removed that could have been construed as "favorable" to the boards, the moderators, or QVC.  I've seen why in some cases, when they just got too argumentative between posters and had nothing to do with the topic.  I posted a thread once about the death of my favorite aunt, and just wanted to remind people to call their loved ones while there was still time (because I didn't), and I could not believe some of the comments that were made and got that entire thread taken down.  It was on the old board.  So I do think it works in both directions, and sometimes we don't get to see what's happening to cause one to be deleted. (And thanks for being so kind in your response...)

Esteemed Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

There's a big difference between daily, hourly constant
chronic complaining which its human nature to get very
tired of versus constructive complaints and suggestions though.

Maybe the chronic complaining is what's grating on people's nerves?

Maybe posters need to email the mods?

Dunno.

All I can say is that not long ago I was in a thread that was about trying to find a workaround to a problem some of us where having with the new software. It was polite though not especially favorable to the Q.

A poster came in and wrote a vile, insulting, rude reply defending QVC and telling us to be grateful, get over ourselves, etc. It was the definition of unkind.

I reported it.

It's still there. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Thanks for explaining gardensla.

That does sound bad and I don't know why it's allowed.👎

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

Maybe posters need to email the mods?

Dunno.

All I can say is that not long ago I was in a thread that was about trying to find a workaround to a problem some of us where having with the new software. It was polite though not especially favorable to the Q.

A poster came in and wrote a vile, insulting, rude reply defending QVC and telling us to be grateful, get over ourselves, etc. It was the definition of unkind.

I reported it.

It's still there. 

Alot of the vile, insulting, rude replies continued too.. it was very unkind.  Maybe with this new format, it won't be allowed.. Sorry but I'm learning to go with the flow.  Everything will eventually smooth out, it's all new- some of what was allowed before well times they are a'changing.   

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

If a few people want to continue to miss some of what I've said here and on other threads... I haven't said I totally agree with everything the moderators do... I don't.  But I am not always privy to what happens when a thread goes down.  As I also said, voicing our disappointments and concerns are how changes hopefully will be made... I don't think the boards are perfect and I haven't said that.  Yes, there are improvements that can be made, but the moderators are going to do what has been dictated by the PTB.  Maybe that can change, maybe it can't.  I guess we'll see. 

Honored Contributor

Quite honestly, I'm tired of the threads that keep getting started that are complaining about posters complaining.  

Honored Contributor

I have been a prolific poster in the past and because a lot of it was due to personal experiences, I was labeled and criticized for posting about . . . I think someone said "all she posts about is me, me, me . . . I, I, I."  If one cannot post about one's experiences, then I draw a blank.  I've lived a long life, I have much "wisdom" (experiences) to impart, but I can't post about any of it.

I would not draw a blank if posts regarding politics or current events were allowed (I would always avoid religion).  I have a lot of interest and opinons on those things.  Also philosophical topics which may be allowed, although one that I posted a week or so ago was immediately deleted and I couldn't for the life of me understand why.

As I said in another thread, posting about the Q's products, or food and recipes, or what shoes go with what handbag is just not within my range of interests.  I live in an apartment, therefore I cannot post about gardens either.  I am older and no longer buying furniture, or jewelry . . . I could go on and on.

All of that said, I have still managed to do my share of posting, some of which creates interest and some of which does not.  But I would suppose that goes for every poster. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

There are several interesting discussions going on right now, and there has been for days.

Those discussions have attracted many posters, I have no idea why the complainers don't find them interesting.

Of course, those who complain and ignore the popular threads for the moment are free to start their own truly exciting discussions.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

OP........congratulations on your thread.  You said what I've been thinking since about the 3rd day of the new boards.......  It is so sad that folks have to continue to complain.  I think many of the changes have been made for the best.  So what if we can't discuss politics or religion on here.  There is plenty of other things we can discuss......  Just put your thinking caps on......and then start a new thread that could be of interest to many on here.  If you have a complaint, go to the "Suggestion Box" and place your complaint there.  Am sure the Q is keeping up with that....... 

This certainly isn't the worse place we can post to each other.