Honored Contributor

Re: Why don't the debates show the name of each person that is speaking?

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I found it amusing anytime one of the candidates mentioned HC or the current Admins. the commentator would quickly say Thank you and try to cut them off.

CNN is as usual bias and obvious.

It is FOX NEWS ,that is bias!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Actually rather than putting their names on the screen I'd like to see each candidate FACT CHECKED on screen in real time.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

Their questions were meant to provoke candidates into sparring with each other.

Yes of course, because it's all about RATINGS for CNN.  

Also, did you know that the debate was supposed to be 2 hrs. long but CNN realized they could get advertising money for more time so two days before the show it was made into a three-hour  debate? (This according to Donald Trump).  It's all about ratings and dollars.  So of course CNN was interesting in instigating fights which would make for more viewer interest (to watch the entire show), good ratings, and more advertising dollars.  Most of the questions posed were to Trump and Bush with Fiorina just butting in all the time interrupting to get air time; hardly any questions were asked of Huckabee, Walker (who is really boring), Cruz, or Kasich.  Rand Paul a few more but not many.  It's as if CNN didn't take the other candidates seriously.  CNN knew what it was doing - exactly - and it worked. 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In respect to just asking a few questions of the low polling candidates FNC did the same thing. It worked for them as well. Smiley Wink

@Lila Belle   First of all, I was sticking to the subject of this thread.

Second, Foxnews didn't do it nearly as much or as badly as CNN did.  If you look at the stats for time spent on each candidate on the Foxnews debate, except for Trump which way ahead of others got the most air time, the air time stats are much closer than last night's for each candidate.  Really, go look it up.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps it's an oversight or perhaps they think we all know all the potential candidates.    It would be good to list the person's name when he/she is speaking, just out of courtesy.  IMHO.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

Their questions were meant to provoke candidates into sparring with each other.

Yes of course, because it's all about RATINGS for CNN.  

Also, did you know that the debate was supposed to be 2 hrs. long but CNN realized they could get advertising money for more time so two days before the show it was made into a three-hour  debate? (This according to Donald Trump).  It's all about ratings and dollars.  So of course CNN was interesting in instigating fights which would make for more viewer interest (to watch the entire show), good ratings, and more advertising dollars.  Most of the questions posed were to Trump and Bush with Fiorina just butting in all the time interrupting to get air time; hardly any questions were asked of Huckabee, Walker (who is really boring), Cruz, or Kasich.  Rand Paul a few more but not many.  It's as if CNN didn't take the other candidates seriously.  CNN knew what it was doing - exactly - and it worked. 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In respect to just asking a few questions of the low polling candidates FNC did the same thing. It worked for them as well. Smiley Wink

@Lila Belle   First of all, I was sticking to the subject of this thread.

Second, Foxnews didn't do it nearly as much or as badly as CNN did.  If you look at the stats for time spent on each candidate on the Foxnews debate, except for Trump which way ahead of others got the most air time, the air time stats are much closer than last night's for each candidate.  Really, go look it up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL

Honored Contributor

I knew who everyone was and I'm not even a Republican. 

Hi and backacha Jersey Girls!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I knew each candidate without seeing their names. It's our duty to know about these people.
Those of you who don't know who they are will be blindly voting and that's just sad. 

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

While I am not a fan of CNN I do think that despite the cut offs, the commentator stayed with current issues unlike Megyn Kelly and Fox trying to drag up irrelevant topics from 2006.  I felt the Fox debate Kelly tried way to hard to make herself apart of the debate. She needs to learn some anger management and that not everything is about her.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't read all the replies so sorry if someone asked this - why do they have to stand up for hours during the debate.   My feet would be killing meRobot surprised

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Actually rather than putting their names on the screen I'd like to see each candidate FACT CHECKED on screen in real time.

This would truly be a big help.