Frequent Contributor
Do any of you have any experiences with essential oils? I have horrible allergies and I am sensitive to many things. My friend orders them from a company. She diffuses them in her house, uses them topically and orally. Just curious about other opinions. TIA
Trusted Contributor

My daughter's use Young Living Essential Oils so I can only speak to that brand and what they tell me.

2 of my grandchildren have allergies,and no problem.

Last week they toured one of their Lavender Farms and Distillery. All natural organic farming.

Contributor

I just started getting into the Essential Oils and love them!!  I use a diffuser and also apply to the bottoms of my feet.  I use the Doterra brand.  Google  them and find all about them! 

Esteemed Contributor

Learn all you can before you invest as good quality oils can be pricey. They can also burn the skin if applied incorrectly and need a carrier oil.

A diffuser is nice if all you want is aromatherapy around the house but understand that essential oils can smell very different than the Glade you're used to spraying.

I started with Eucalyptus oil last winter for sinus relief. OMG, what wonderful relief and so much less expensive than OTC meds.

Currently I'm using a blended oil called Muscle Mend for knee pain relief. Mixing it with Ben Gay for osteoarthritis relief.

Respected Contributor

I also have terrible severe allergies and I love EO.

Important to note: I can only tolerate the purist of EO the ones of 'lower quality' set my allergies off.

I have found the allergy blend of 

-Lavender

-Lemon and

-Peppermint 

To be a huge help to my allergies.  I keep in a glass roller ball and apply to my feet as needed.

I have found 2 books to be very helpful:

Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils

and

Valerie Ann Worwood's book "The Complete Book Of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy"

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who has gone off the deep end over this stuff, but so far it doesn't interest me much.  She swears by it, though.

Respected Contributor

Hi Dansey....

I love  DoTerra Oils too .....and the LLV Supplements (:

Frequent Contributor
Thank you all for your feedback. :-)