Super Contributor

Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

I don't think masks are going anywhere anytime soon but since everyone and their brother seem to be selling them, I think there is a huge glut of them. I was in my local outlet mall today and almost every store I went it had them. Vera Bradley had them on deep discount as did The Gap. Old Navy had racks all over the store of masks.

Also, Bath and Body Works had a overwhelming supply of of sanitzer including the full sized ones. I was able to get my favorite scent, Peach Bellini, in both the minis and the full size.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Unfortunately,  in my opinion those making decisions for us all are going to have us wear masks for yrs .Now you have to wear them driving your car on intersates  and outside .  The vaccine is not going to change any of this  because we can't put  the  virus problem in a jar  and put a lid on it becuse  there are some who refuse the  vaccine and the constant influx of new people in our country unvaccinated.  There's the issue with other strains .  Since we all must wear the masks , retailers are  now making new styles  in varied fabric designs .  Is it becoming fashionable to  have one to match all our outfits like some notable people do ?

@skatting44  Wear a mask while driving? Not around here. We don't wear them walking around town either unless you come upon a crowd of people. As soon as you sit at your table in the restaurant they come off. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

2ply, jusy not good enough, many on sale ,to dump, them

@goldensrbest  The ones on clearance  at Big Lots as I posted are 3 ply.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@patbz wrote:

I just read that we won't be back to "normal" for another 2-3 years!  Masks are still required after vaccinating and now there is mandatory masking in federal buildings and airports. I am waiting for my 2nd shot but foresee wearing them foreseeable future ( especially since I intend to cruise and travel overseas within two years.

2-3 YEARS. Let's let THAT sink in.

@gidgetgh @patbz 

Even 2-3 years is not realistic. I don’t see “normal” as we once knew it ever returning. I expect masks to be required in public, world-wide. (Well, unless you want to come to Florida, in which case, ignore all safety measures because those in charge just want tourist $$)

Experts in the field warn that there are even worse pandemics coming our way. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@patbz wrote:

I just read that we won't be back to "normal" for another 2-3 years!  Masks are still required after vaccinating and now there is mandatory masking in federal buildings and airports. I am waiting for my 2nd shot but foresee wearing them foreseeable future ( especially since I intend to cruise and travel overseas within two years.

@gidgetgh @patbz 

Even 2-3 years is not realistic. I don’t see “normal” as we once knew it ever returning. I expect masks to be required in public, world-wide. (Well, unless you want to come to Florida, in which case, ignore all safety measures because those in charge just want tourist $$)

@willdob3  Well this is depressing. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@gidgetgh @patbz 

@willdob3  Well this is depressing. 

@Pearlee 

Yes, it is. Very. But is is reality. 

And vaccines that allow people to get infected and continue to spread the current virus and its variants, are not going to save us, even if fewer people die from it. And we will never catch up to the speed at which it is mutating. By the time they have a booster shot there will be countless more mutations emerging. 

I am afraid most people may not care enough to practice safety measures long term. Many in my state don’t do that now; it is not required here. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have replaced the majority of my original masks with new and improved ones that are at least three layers, fit better and are more comfortable.  The ones I tossed were so thin I doubt they offered much protection.  Masks are not going away any time soon and experts are looking to set standards on how their made.

Esteemed Contributor

The ones I saw on sale on QVC were two layer, tommie copper washable. Two layer is not what cdc has been recommending, and they didn't seem to be on that great of a sale anyway. 

I hope everyone who has ordered those realizes they may not be enough. 

Honored Contributor

I am hoping to not need a mask in the very near future.  

I will not purchase any new masks.

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I have replaced the majority of my original masks with new and improved ones that are at least three layers, fit better and are more comfortable.  The ones I tossed were so thin I doubt they offered much protection.  Masks are not going away any time soon and experts are looking to set standards on how their made.

As well they should. I have seen 2 ply many places for sale, and I just wonder how many folks are buying them and not realizing this is no what is recommended. 

I heard of many people early on insisting they became infected after following all protocols including mask wearing and I can't help but wonder if they were wearing the thin masks that aren't 3 layer? Will never know of course.