Trusted Contributor

Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

The market is inundated with masks now. Hand sanitizer is on clearance. I don't know when I will stop wearing a mask. Even after getting my second vaccine shot I will continue to wear masks. I actually feel quite comfortable wearing one in public knowing I am not breathing in as many germs. Maybe it's a false sense of security but I like it.
Esteemed Contributor

I just read that we won't be back to "normal" for another 2-3 years!  Masks are still required after vaccinating and now there is mandatory masking in federal buildings and airports. I am waiting for my 2nd shot but foresee wearing them foreseeable future ( especially since I intend to cruise and travel overseas within two years.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I just read that we won't be back to "normal" for another 2-3 years!  Masks are still required after vaccinating and now there is mandatory masking in federal buildings and airports. I am waiting for my 2nd shot but foresee wearing them foreseeable future ( especially since I intend to cruise and travel overseas within two years.

2-3 YEARS. Let's let THAT sink in.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

People may be more particular about mask construction, layers, facial coverage, adjustability, comfort, and fabrication.  Any of those concerns can eliminate a lot of product that has flooded the market.  

Honored Contributor

2ply, jusy not good enough, many on sale ,to dump, them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm glad that the prices of masks are coming down. Maybe then people will stop wearing those filthy masks I see some people wearing and get some new ones...ugh!

Respected Contributor

Know what you mean...baggy, saggy, dirty and below the nose like your nose has nothing to do with breathing in/out.  Incredible how stupid people are.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately,  in my opinion those making decisions for us all are going to have us wear masks for yrs .Now you have to wear them driving your car on interstate highways   and outside .  The vaccine is not going to change any of this  because we can't put  the  virus problem in a jar  and put a lid on it because  there are some who refuse the  vaccine and the constant influx of new people in our country unvaccinated.  There's the issue with other strains .  Since we all must wear the masks , retailers are  now making new styles  in varied fabric designs .  Is it becoming fashionable to  have one to match all our outfits like some notable people do ?

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva Not a false sense of security at all!  You are right, they protect us from any nasty germs in the air for sure.  Honestly, hubby and I had worn them to fly the last 5 years and people used to look at us like "we" were contagious, some even laughed.....  Who's laughing now?

Honored Contributor

Based on some things I've read/heard - the mask mandates may be removed soon.

So - I guess they want to get rid of the items before that's made public.