Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't They Get New Stuff?

@ILTH wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I'll say the VitaMix is fabulous and you can't just buy them anywhere but the rest?  Wow. 

You can buy VitaMix from Williams Sonoma to Amazon and lots of places in between. 

I'd gotten mine directly from VitaMix.

@ILTH It just occured to me that I bought mine from them too!  It was ages ago.  I got a reconditioned one a lot cheaper.  It looked new and it is still going!

The controls are like the one they sold today--maybea 5200?  I love it!  

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many choices out there to just limit yourself to QVC. There are also better deals with shipping and discount codes. When they first started I think jewelry was a big seller for them, and I do think they offered some of the best deals. Not any more since gold went through the roof. It's a tired old model with the same old stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC already carries a lot of product brand names, but yet only presents a handful of the same old stuff. I haven't watched live QVC in years, but when I look for a product brand on the Q website, I'm always surprised at the number of brands offered. The Q is in a rut with their on air presentations of the same products week after week. They have plenty of other vendors - they just ignore them.

Esteemed Contributor

Remember when QVC used to sell German made cuckoo clocks?

I miss those days!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I miss the old hosts. They were held to a higher standard, and didn't consider themselves entertainers

They knew the product, and were honest about what might not work for some people. They didn't watch the counter or hype products.

Kathy come home!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I almost laughed when I looked online and saw the TSV for today. Another Sunday, another Vitamix, mattress, computer, Dyson, etc. So predictable, all the time. 

I would LOVE to shop more from QVC, but they need to show me something different. 

@gidgetgh 

WELL SAID----ITA!!!  They can offer all these new shows until the end of time, but unless there are NEW UNIQUE products to go along with them,  it's a waste of QVC's time and their money ....... Its ALWAYS the same old stuff....watching and buying so much less, so many other retailers with better options out there .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I almost laughed when I looked online and saw the TSV for today. Another Sunday, another Vitamix, mattress, computer, Dyson, etc. So predictable, all the time. 

I would LOVE to shop more from QVC, but they need to show me something different. 

@gidgetgh 

WELL SAID----ITA!!!  They can offer all these new shows until the end of time, but unless there are NEW UNIQUE products to go along with them,  it's a waste of QVC's time ....... Its ALWAYS the same old stuff....I'm watching and buying so much less 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Exactly, and one reason why I stopped watching (and buying) about a decade ago.