Occasional Contributor

Re: Why Can't They Get New Stuff?

I agree logo,susan graver ,same people

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I'll say the VitaMix is fabulous and you can't just buy them anywhere but the rest?  Wow. 

You can buy VitaMix from Williams Sonoma to Amazon and lots of places in between. 

I'd gotten mine directly from VitaMix.

@ILTH I agree.  But even though I've had one for a zillion years I still enjoy watching presentations sometimes because it reminds me that I can do other things.  We do use ours all the time and it is worth every penny for the smoothies (and the health and fridge cleaning properties thereof!).

I would not have bought one without the demos I saw on QVC. 

I only watch (mostly zone out) shopping shows when I'm over at a friend's who likes to watch. I have bought exercise equipment from QVC and HSN. They seem to have the best prices when I Google items and compare prices. 

I bought my VitaMix years ago for frozen Margaritas and Daiquiris. 😃  That's what VM was made for!🤣  THE BEST!!!!🍹🍹

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomI know I was watching QVC when the 50/50 tours were being shown.  I have no remembrance of anything sold during those shows.  I have all sorts of QVC from the last 25+ years, but really nothing I know came from those shows.

Anyone remember what they bought during the 50/50's?

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops    One live show was from Arizona or somewhere and I bought a turquoise bracelet, and necklace, earrings and ring to match. I loved those jewelry shows where they would describe items better and give information on the stones. (And the mountains were in the background)!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have some lovely things from Kentucky. Phyllis George, then the First Lady of the state, presented the crafts. They were well made and made here in this country.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed some of the past selections: Tacori, Verragio, artisan collections including dolls/stuffed animals/glass ware (Fenton)....not a collector but there were some very unique, special items offered.  

Honored Contributor

@1SnickersThanks.  I don't remember that show, but I know I do treasure the Southwest jewelry I bought from local artists on various trips.  I love turquoise, but never bought green until I toured Santa Fe and one of my favorite bracelets with many of the stones we associate with SW jewelry I found on a trip to San Antonio to celebrate an uncle's 80th birthday.  

I love stories and the possessions I treasure most all seem to come with a story - some9times mine, smetimes the seller's.  I assume this is one of the reasons I like the QVC story-tellers.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I turned on the TV a few minutes ago and there was the same old Dooney and Bourke crossbody bag they have been selling for the past two years.  I don't carry a mega huge bag but I am as tired of the Trixie, pebble leather crossbody, and Zip Zip as I was that huge logo lock feed sack they offered several years ago in 300 colors. 

Honored Contributor

This post got me thinking about the early days of QVC, and for some reason Molly .Dallad popped into my head. I googled her and she has a website and she sells her pottery on Etsy. A blast from the past.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Hasn’t the VitaMix been a TSV about 5 times already this year?  Sheesh!  Enough already.