Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,901
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

I guess I am in the minority here but I happen to love Whole foods.  We are big organic food eaters and the produce is great.  It is more pricey than other markets, but then you are supporting organic farmers.  They also pay their staff well and offer health benefits to part time workers.  My nephew worked there for many years until he finished his education.   Also if you are a Prime member you can get the credit card , get many discounts on a lot of items and earn money back which automatically gets credited to your account online.  To me it's worth it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,917
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Whole Foods

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately there isn't one within a hundred miles of the south Jersey beaches.  But I do go to one in PA and do a major haul.  I also hit other places in the area to shopping, dining and visiting.

 

I can't find Humane Certified meats anywhere else.  Nor organic collard greens.  They have organic bread that is vegan--a must for me and a much better selection of organic olive oil. 

 

My husband's cereal is cheaper there as is my coconut milk, Campari tomatoes, and usually cucumbers are a better price.  Granted, I can get a good selection of organic foods at my local grocery store.  But I love the selections at the WF I shop at--one in particular is a really nice store--some aren't.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,168
Registered: ‎03-14-2010
I refuse to pay $6. 99 lb for yellow onions at Whole Foods, but I do buy some supplements there. The freshest produce I find is at Sprouts. Their prices are also better than the grocery store. Whole Foods is right up the street from me but I don’t shop there unless It is for something I can’t get elsewhere.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,357
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Unfortunately there isn't one within a hundred miles of the south Jersey beaches.  But I do go to one in PA and do a major haul.  I also hit other places in the area to shopping, dining and visiting.

 

I can't find Humane Certified meats anywhere else.  Nor organic collard greens.  They have organic bread that is vegan--a must for me and a much better selection of organic olive oil. 

 

My husband's cereal is cheaper there as is my coconut milk, Campari tomatoes, and usually cucumbers are a better price.  Granted, I can get a good selection of organic foods at my local grocery store.  But I love the selections at the WF I shop at--one in particular is a really nice store--some aren't.


@Lucky Charm  I don't know how far down you are on the shore but there's one in Middletown.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,735
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

I love shopping at Whole Foods.  We do not have one close to where I live, but when I travel, I like to go in there.

 

For me it is not a store where I would buy weekly groceries, it is great for speciality items.


I once bought homemade pasta custom cut.  I watched them pass the pasta sheets throught the cutting machine.  I gifted this to a friend who was thrilled.

 

They also have wonderful variety of gluten free foods, which I normally don't buy because most taste blah. Their store bakes GF bread is delicious.

 

Food is not always about price.  For me it has to be wholesome and taste good.  Many of those discount stores sell food that I end up throwing away because no one likes it.

 

Aldi's bread items are horrid...everytime I buy them, I end up throwing them away. Their produce is okay, but not really less expensive than anywhere else I shop.  I love their imported chocolate bars.

 

I would love a Whole Foods in my neighborhood.  We are soon getting a Trader Joe's.  I can't wait to check out that store.  I have never been in one.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,917
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Whole Foods

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Unfortunately there isn't one within a hundred miles of the south Jersey beaches.  But I do go to one in PA and do a major haul.  I also hit other places in the area to shopping, dining and visiting.

 

I can't find Humane Certified meats anywhere else.  Nor organic collard greens.  They have organic bread that is vegan--a must for me and a much better selection of organic olive oil. 

 

My husband's cereal is cheaper there as is my coconut milk, Campari tomatoes, and usually cucumbers are a better price.  Granted, I can get a good selection of organic foods at my local grocery store.  But I love the selections at the WF I shop at--one in particular is a really nice store--some aren't.


@Lucky Charm  I don't know how far down you are on the shore but there's one in Middletown.


 

@proudlyfromNJ   Thanks, I'm in Cape May County and new here.  Don't know where Middletown is, but doesn't sound familiar.  Will go check.  Although I don't mind going to the one we go to in PA.  We make a day of it.  Sometimes sleep over at my sisters as she lives there.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,357
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Unfortunately there isn't one within a hundred miles of the south Jersey beaches.  But I do go to one in PA and do a major haul.  I also hit other places in the area to shopping, dining and visiting.

 

I can't find Humane Certified meats anywhere else.  Nor organic collard greens.  They have organic bread that is vegan--a must for me and a much better selection of organic olive oil. 

 

My husband's cereal is cheaper there as is my coconut milk, Campari tomatoes, and usually cucumbers are a better price.  Granted, I can get a good selection of organic foods at my local grocery store.  But I love the selections at the WF I shop at--one in particular is a really nice store--some aren't.


@Lucky Charm  I don't know how far down you are on the shore but there's one in Middletown.


I'm in Cape May County and new here.  Don't know where Middletown is, but doesn't sound familiar.  Will go check.  Although I don't mind going to the one we go to in PA.  We make a day of it.  Sometimes sleep over at my sisters as she lives there.


@Lucky Charm  No, Cape May County is too far from Middletown which is in Monmouth County.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎10-17-2019
Yes I agree Sooner. The funny thing is my organic almond milk was 90 cents lower than sprouts. Prices have gone down since Amazon bought it.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,704
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: Whole Foods

[ Edited ]

@colleena   Good luck with doing amazon returns other than using UPS. The one and only time I tried that at a local kohl's, I ended up calling amazon to clean up & fix what the clerk did and did not do at kohl's. Just saying, be careful making retuns like this.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,901
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

@Carmie You will love Trader Joes!   I hit our WF about once a month or so and I alternate with TJ's and sometimes just our local grocery store.  Depends what I am in need of.  I usually do a good shopping as I am not one to go to get groceries every couple of days.  I love variety Smiley Happy