Valued Contributor
So far I tip servers, and the one who cuts my hair........I am curious if anyone has ever tipped a cashier who rings up a large grocery order? Or the people at the drive thru?.......all the tipping talk made me think about who does and does not get tipped and how people decide , it doesn't matter to me, but I am curious.
Honored Contributor

I only tip servers, the person that cuts my hair, the girl that washes it and the pizza delivery person, that's it.

Honored Contributor
I tip at the hair salon and the nail salon. I do not tip at the grocery store or Starbucks. I tip at restaurants for pick up and eat in. I tip at airport and hotels. I've tipped furniture delivery people. I just tipped the lawn guys, but that was the first time. I've brought flowers or candy to school. I tip the guys that dry my car at the car wash.
Honored Contributor

I tip at the salon. I tip at restaurants and I tip if I order food and pick it up from car side service.

I tip at hotels and when we had some insulation work done at our house, we did give the workers a tip.

Honored Contributor

I read an article while back that said we feel connected to people that get within our personal space. Lots of holes in that theory, but it made me think.

Makes sense we would tip hairstylists, nail/massage/spa techs, people delivering food to your home/table, even taxis that come to your home....but why not medical professionals?

Valued Contributor
I do tip food delivery people too, and at the airport, I forgot, because I don't often have those situations.
Respected Contributor

servers, my hairdresser, and delivery services like a pizza driver.

Honored Contributor

Servers and hairdressers. I have never thought about tipping a grocery store cashier. I do my own nails and don't do delivery food.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor
Are grocery cashiers allowed to take tips? I know the people that bring your groceries to the car aren't because my mom always tried to tip them and they said they couldn't accept a tip
Valued Contributor
I don't know, I just mentioned them because it is hard work and doesn't pay that well.