Honored Contributor

Guess we've been left hanging.Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Re: Who Is She?

[ Edited ]

Sorry I didn’t get back sooner🤪

The woman as it turns out, is, a print industry standard model. What’s that? Someone who appears in generic type ads. She’s the woman calling the Dr, the insurance company,  looking thru big box ads, etc. In other words, she’s the woman next door, she’s the person we run into all,day long. Pleasant looking, but generally forgettable. 

The point of this exercise, was to generate discussion about how appearance affects so many aspects of how we perceive people. 

One interesting topic was a recent event. When something tragic happens, ex. the Mollie Tibbetts disappearance, does the victim or possible victim, generate more interest, if, they’re young, fit, beautiful?  I think it’s undeniable that they do, and why?

We had a lively sometimes heated discussion!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Who Is She?

[ Edited ]

Well discussion it did start.  I even found myself trying to come up with who it is while taking a shower one day this week.  What a wild life I lead.  Thanks for the update @SuhseKHeart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I would say the photo is not up to date.  Ads use younger models.

Respected Contributor

Too much make-up.  If you scrub that off and see her real face, maybe we know who she is.

Esteemed Contributor
Think we were all expecting to know her.
Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

Sorry I didn’t get back sooner🤪

The woman as it turns out, is, a print industry standard model. What’s that? Someone who appears in generic type ads. She’s the woman calling the Dr, the insurance company,  looking thru big box ads, etc. In other words, she’s the woman next door, she’s the person we run into all,day long. Pleasant looking, but generally forgettable. 

The point of this exercise, was to generate discussion about how appearance affects so many aspects of how we perceive people. 

One interesting topic was a recent event. When something tragic happens, ex. the Mollie Tibbetts disappearance, does the victim or possible victim, generate more interest, if, they’re young, fit, beautiful?  I think it’s undeniable that they do, and why?

We had a lively sometimes heated discussion!  

Thanks us for letting us know @SuhseK!

To answer your question YES I think they get more interest and attention.