Super Contributor

Which place would you choose to live

A place that has lots and lots to do, but rude, nasty people, crazy drivers, 

Or

A place,that hasn't got tons to do but the people are very nice and friendly, slower paced. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Which place would you choose to live

That's a no-brainer. The slow paced place.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't really need a ton of things to do to be happy. So, I would rather live in a place with nice and friendly people and a slower pace.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

That's a no-brainer. The slow paced place.

Absolutely.  Don't even need to think about it.

Trusted Contributor

I would never live anyplace that would have me as a resident.   

Honored Contributor

Ignore what can't be changed and find the positive.  I've lived in what was the middle of nowhere for me.  No thanks.

Honored Contributor

Live in a smaller area with a close drive to a larger city. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Ditzydori!  I’ve lived in both kinds of places over the last 13 years.  My husband and I moved from Huntington Beach, CA in 2006 to Front Royal, VA (I66@I81) for four years, then Kansas City for two years, then to Waikaloa, HI (Big Island) for 5 years, then to Henderson, NV just outside Vegas.  We still have family including grandkids ETA in HB but wouldn’t live there again mainly because it is California - too crowded, too expensive, too too many other things.  Both VA and HI were rural by normal definitions.  VA an hour and a quarter from DC, where we were on 13+ acres backing up to the Shenandoah National Forest, and HI, a 5 hour flight from LA, where once you’ve exhausted the touristy stuff, it just becomes a big rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (we really did enjoy it especially the weather).  Here we are now just outside Vegas but honestly you’d never know we are anywhere close, since the area is much larger than just The Strip.

Each place has been its own Paradise and we’ve been happy in each place but often for very different reasons.  While the availability of shopping and access to services are superior in the busier, more populated areas, there is a lot to be said for the slower paced life in a more rural setting that lends itself to deeper personal relationships.  Both are important to me and as long as I can find the convenience of a metropolitan area but find a place such as my faith community where I can build the personal and service-to-other relationships that are most important to me in my life.  We’ve landed in a good place.

Valued Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

I would never live anyplace that would have me as a resident.   

---

Groucho, is that you?

Valued Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

A place that has lots and lots to do, but rude, nasty people, crazy drivers, 

Or

A place,that hasn't got tons to do but the people are very nice and friendly, slower paced. 

---

Different stages of life, different answer.

Right now, I'll go where the nasty people are.