Honored Contributor

Re: Which place would you choose to live

@Ditzydori  Of course the latter for me!  It would be no fun to have to battle all that just for something to do so I would just as soon stay home!  

I also think that places those say have nothing to do are not aware of the many things available to do in smaller friendlier places.  So if you are someone who prefers friendships, can be content not living the high life and don't care about lots of well known venues then maybe this is for you but.. 

If you are someone who loves to be out and about in different venues then maybe all the hassle doing things would be worth it for you.  

Only you can decide what you want from life.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already live in a place that hasn't got tons to do but the people are very nice and friendly, slower paced and couldn't be happier.  Where I am now is the perfect place for me.

I love being in a place where 10 cars at a traffic light is considered a traffic jam during "rush hour".  I should have moved here long before I did.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

I would never live anyplace that would have me as a resident.   

I believe that's a Groucho Marx quote-only his was, " I refuse to join a club that would have me as a member."

Respected Contributor

Nothing is ever as simple as choosing A or B. Something that looks awful on the surface will have plenty of benefits if you just look for them, just as something that looks perfect will have plenty of flaws. I'd be more apt to look at things like quality and availability of housing, access to great medical care, cost of living, access to public transportation. If you're really truly trying to decide between two specific places, try renting in each place for 6 -12 months and then pick the place that suits you best. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ditzydori wrote:

A place that has lots and lots to do, but rude, nasty people, crazy drivers, 

Or

A place,that hasn't got tons to do but the people are very nice and friendly, slower paced. 

Wherever you go, there you are.

I love the quiet life, and space.  I can always easily find action if I want it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I'd like an acre in Oregon, and an Old English Sheepdog for a roommate

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

For me that's an easy choice:  the slow paced area surrounded by friendly people.  I can always go visit the place that has lots to do on weekends or vacations, but for everyday living, I'm like the guy from the Green Acres theme song.  😊

Trusted Contributor

I live in your option one. Every trip in the car is guaranteed to bring on some crazy, angry driver doing something stupid. I just hang back and let it go. Only way to stay sane and safe.

We stay here for our jobs.

Ideally, I would enjoy living somewhere a little more rural, with friendly neighbors.

Hopefully nearby would be a good hospital and some retailers to service my food/ frivolous shopping needs.

Sounds like I need somewhere in the middle.

Trusted Contributor

In big crowded cities there is crime such as drive by shootings, gang violence, car jackings, car theft, car vandalism, graffiti, theft inside convenience stores and inside supermarkets brazenly during the day, erratic drivers who are in a hurry or are in a rage.  Red light runners who don't give a darn. I've seen most of what I have described except thankfully not gang violence which is in a different neighborhood of my city....

That is not who I am.  So much for the looking into a mirror theory.  

Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom - you don't have to live in a bigger city to have all that happening. It happens close to where I am everyday.