Honored Contributor

The latest email scam. A heads up for your protection.

Today’s scam appeared in my email, not in my bulk email. It’s supposedly from American Express. I don’t have an American Express Card. The graphics look great. Thank heavens the authors made many grammatical errors. Here’s my best copy, mistakes and all. There was an attachment included.

It says:

We’ve issued a Notification.

“In regards to Prmary Holder                       Card

We are pleased to inform you on a timely security report for your American Express(R) profile.  At the time of evaluating the report, issue were detected on your profile.

In view of this, Cardmembet Information needs to be updated and your mandatory effort is required.

YOU-ARE-TO

To continue, An attached Web Form is sent along this message.

Take a moment, download and complete this form.

Thanks for your Card Membership,

American Express Customer Care

Privacy Statement              I          Update Your Email

Your account information is included above to help you recognize this,as a customer care email from American Express. We kindly ask you not to reply to this e-mail directly,as messages are being sent from a n unmonitored e-mail address.

2018 American Express. All rights reserved.

Honored Contributor

Re: The latest email scam. A heads up for your protection.

Never answer an e-mail.  ALWAYS call the official number or go to the official website and log in. 

Trusted Contributor

Some idiot with a very distinct accent left a voice mail telling me I won 2 million dollars from publishers clearing house and if I was interested to call him back.  This is the time of year for scams but never got that one before.  

Honored Contributor

Never ends . I just now got my new credit card after being hacked.

Honored Contributor

Just delete it and move on.  Maybe it's a generational thing but trash like that infiltrates everyone's email all the time now.  There is no risk as long as you see it for what it is, delete it and go on with whatever you were doing.  I you people just take this stuff too seriously.  It's not such a bid deal, they are phishing or victims.  So don't be a victim.  Think.  By what stretch of the imagination would an email like that ever be legit?  You don't even have to read the thing to see it for what it is.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  you are correct. What has occurred in my opinion is that we as a society want to be protected from all nefarious activities and people. We have been led to believe that people are good and kind, so, it comes as a jolt to realize,,,,,that is not at all how it is. It is rough and tumble place in which we live and we must be ever vigilant. If that sounds cynical well I would rather be so and stay safe.

Respected Contributor

I get scam emails occasionally. From Apple and Amazon usually.  The first ones really scared me but now I just delete these messages without even reading them.