Honored Contributor

That is, do you prefer to shop online or go shopping outside in the stores?  I would say that today, I shop 95% online and 5% in the store.  Due to medical reasons my walking is not the same but I use to love shopping outside in a mall especially at Christmas with all the decos and then stop for a hot buttered rum.  This was way back in my early 30's.  How about you?  What is your shopping habit(s) and why?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

It depends on what I’m shopping for as to where I shop. If I need something special for a gift or for myself I shop at locally owned boutiques. If I’m looking for something generic I’ll shop online. I have access to Ulta and Sephora for cosmetics,but QVC and Browgal which I can’t buy at those stores. 

Respected Contributor
I still enjoy going out in person to stores and shop.
Valued Contributor

90% of my shopping is done online.

I went to the mall and grocery store today for the first time in months.  I was quickly reminded why I shop online.

I do curbside pick up for groceries.  Chewy for pet foods.  QVC for gadgets.  Amazon for cleaners and paper products. 

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

Me personally? Amazon/HSN/Etsy, 95+% of the time.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I do 98% of my shopping online.  If I can get things I want from the drugstore at Amazon I will also.  The only time I go there is if I go to pick up prescriptions and then might buy something.  I always hated shopping at B & M stores.  It's such a waste of time (finding time to go, not finding what you want, spending time finding parking) and money (spent on spur of the moment buys as well as eating out or snack food that tempted me).  People in general are just much ruder now so no thanks on B & M shopping for me!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you shop?

[ Edited ]

Mostly B & M stores. When shopping for clothes, I especially love shopping a few boutiques in one of our quaint towns nearby. One in particular, when I walk in the sales associate knows me and starts going around the store picking things she knows I like. Nothing like living rural! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I love, love, love, shopping at retail stores and malls.  I've always loved it.  It pains me that malls and stores are closing and having a hard time of it.  Of course, online shopping is convenient, its great for locating hard to find items, and of course, for mobility issues.  But I just don't get the pleasure or gratification out of online shopping that I do with shooping in person, and so I do it very minimally.  I also want to support the local stores and malls.   For me, shopping is not tedious, but fun!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

If I can find it on line with free shipping and a little back from Ebates it doesn't matter what store it comes from, that's where I will buy it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you shop?

[ Edited ]

I'm not much of a shopper, but prefer online shopping for optional items.  I haven't been in a mall for years and very rarely visit department stores...just not a priority.