Respected Contributor

Clothing and day-to-day household items I buy at the store.  Most everything else is from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I love browsing in stores. Drives DH crazy, but I enjoy looking at things, and if I see something I like, trying it on. I do make on line purchases, and hate it when things don't fit or look right and have to be returned.

Honored Contributor

I am not a shopper; did not inherit that gene from either parent.   I forced myself to shop in stores at the mall from the time my girls were born until they finished high school, and could do their own shopping.   October will be 5 years since I last set foot in the mall.   To me, shopping is time wasted that I can’t get back.   

I order all clothes and shoes for myself, and my husbands clothes; his shoes are ordered thru the VA.   

The only stores I “shop” in are local grocery stores, Dollar General, and CVS.   I place an order from WalMart monthly which includes 100 lbs of dog food, as I absolutely HATE shopping in that store.   

Contributor

Mostly online.

Honored Contributor

Other than Costco and grocery stores, the bulk of my shopping is done online.  I might go to the mall two to three times a year.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

That is, do you prefer to shop online or go shopping outside in the stores?  I would say that today, I shop 95% online and 5% in the store.  Due to medical reasons my walking is not the same but I use to love shopping outside in a mall especially at Christmas with all the decos and then stop for a hot buttered rum.  This was way back in my early 30's.  How about you?  What is your shopping habit(s) and why?

@Katcat1  Sorry about your difficulty walking. I used to enjoy the mall and boutiques, but get disgusted quickly when my size/color isn’t available. It’s so much easier to shop online & go to exactly what you’re looking for. 

DH & I still stroll in the mall occasionally on the weekends. We may take a break at Nord. Cafe for my Asian Chicken Salad & still be home by 3 for my nap.

Because he’s so busy w/ taxes from mid-Dec. through the end of April (weekend, too), it’s really nice to see him during the day. 

I get food stuff at WholeFoods (fresh fruits, veggies & meats/chicken/fish). We eat very little pre-prepared and canned foods. Paper goods, cleaning supplies, WINE 🍷, come from Sam’s. 

Honored Contributor

My percent would be 95/5. I do most shopping in stores because I hate getting things delivered and then find it’s damaged, incorrect, doesn’t fit, etc. I make fewer mistake purchases shopping in person. 

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I am not a shopper; did not inherit that gene from either parent.   I forced myself to shop in stores at the mall from the time my girls were born until they finished high school, and could do their own shopping.   October will be 5 years since I last set foot in the mall.   To me, shopping is time wasted that I can’t get back.   

I order all clothes and shoes for myself, and my husbands clothes; his shoes are ordered thru the VA.   

The only stores I “shop” in are local grocery stores, Dollar General, and CVS.   I place an order from WalMart monthly which includes 100 lbs of dog food, as I absolutely HATE shopping in that store.   

@RedTop, I was just going to say I did not inherit my Moms shopping gene.  I was the only girl with 4 brothers and she loved clothes shopping, I hated it, lol.  

Respected Contributor

I shop online a lot.......just about all my shopping at the Q is online. I watch very little live TV as the shows just don't stay focused and I get restless.

I purchase all my clothing at various stores and never shop clothing at the Q. I did purchase a lot of LOGO for about a year but the conversative pieces are few and far between.

I love Homegoods, Marshalls and TJ Maxx for cute accent pieces for my home.

Honored Contributor

I don't enjoy shopping as recreation.  I shop for clothes and shoes on-line.  I shop some on-line at Costco (especially if I want heavy items delivered).  I used to shop alot at Amazon but I have been finding their prices too high on some items lately.  I like to shop for my own groceries.  I do live near a nice mall and if I want something from Williams-Sonoma or Pottery Barn, etc I will go there.