Honored Contributor

Where do you keep your Instant Pot?

Where do you keep your Instant Pot? I'm thinking about buying a 6QT today but I'm not sure where I can put it. Where do you keep yours. Do you leave it out? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you keep your Instant Pot?

We keep the 3 qt. under the counter in the kitchen.  The 6 qt. is under the counter in the laundry room.  We use the 3 qt more often.

Trusted Contributor

Wendy's cooks our chili and various grocery stores cook our roasted chickens.  Therefore, no need for a slow cooker.  We cook our steaks and burgers in our Foreman grill - a collector's item by now I'm sure. 

Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

My kitchen is so tiny but that 6 qt beauty is right on the counter. It's just me but I use it all the time.

There's usually an IP deal in Amazon's Prime Day which is tomorrow - so you might want to wait!

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

My kitchen is so tiny but that 6 qt beauty is right on the counter. It's just me but I use it all the time.

There's usually an IP deal in Amazon's Prime Day which is tomorrow - so you might want to wait!

@Thats Me @There's a deal right now. That's why I'm asking. 
What do you make in it the most?

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D i have 8 qt on countertop.  it does take a lot of real estate but is used most days.  i changed from 6 to 8 qt to cook greens.  BTW the 6 qt is $59 at Target.

Trusted Contributor

Oh good! I make soups and stews most often, also oatmeal. One of my favorite products to use for soups and stews is Better than Bouillon. Definitely use that instead of broth! I'll take brown rice, lentils, kale, diced carrots, celery, onion, sometimes tomato, water, better than bouillon, garlic, pepper. You can sauté your garlic and onion in the pot, add everything else along with the liquid, set it to pressure, and boom.

I hope you enjoy your new IP! Facebook has dedicated groups you can join if you want.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the six quart and I keep it in the box it came in under a built-in desk/shelving unit right next to my airfryer in its box. They are the two appliances I use most.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D :1CC18D78-0032-48A6-A63A-8037E6041606.jpeg

I turned my middle bedroom into an office , exercise room and pantry and keep the instant pot and other appliances on this cart and then roll the cart to the kitchen whenever needed. I really need to use the IP more often and need to purchase a new gasket.

Respected Contributor

We keep our 6 qt. instant pot on the counter. During the colder months we used it often for stews, pot roast, pinto beans, pulled pork, etc. I don't know how we cooked without it and in record time. I never had the patience to use a slow cooker so I highly recommend the Instant Pot. Ours came from Target during Black Friday promotion time. It was the best price I have ever seen so we snatched it up.