Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you keep your Instant Pot?

In the basement where it hasn't seen the light of day in two years. 

Honored Contributor

My Instant Pot is still in the carton in the garage.  I prefer my pretty turquoise Cook's Essentials 6 qt PC which I keep on a round 2-tier rolling stand in the kitchen.  A poster found it at Target online a couple years ag and I ordered one.  It was a horrid battleship gray and I sprayed with a granite textured stone paint. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

In the pantry.

Respected Contributor

On the counter! I use it several times a week!

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Oh good! I make soups and stews most often, also oatmeal. One of my favorite products to use for soups and stews is Better than Bouillon. Definitely use that instead of broth! I'll take brown rice, lentils, kale, diced carrots, celery, onion, sometimes tomato, water, better than bouillon, garlic, pepper. You can sauté your garlic and onion in the pot, add everything else along with the liquid, set it to pressure, and boom.

I hope you enjoy your new IP! Facebook has dedicated groups you can join if you want.

@Mindy D   @Thats Me 

Well, I guess I have to be the one to ask .... is an "instant pot" a pressure cooker .... a crock pot .... or what? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 @Instant Pot. They should have named it Instapot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

On the counter! I use it several times a week!

@Ainhisg @I'm still on the fence because my cabinets are full and I have not been cooking the way I used to but I need to eat softer meats. I also love beans.  What do you make in it? 

Respected Contributor

Kitchen counter.

Respected Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Wendy's cooks our chili and various grocery stores cook our roasted chickens.  Therefore, no need for a slow cooker.  We cook our steaks and burgers in our Foreman grill - a collector's item by now I'm sure. 

HUH? The poster was asking if you have an Instant Pot, where do you store it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Where do you keep your Instant Pot? I'm thinking about buying a 6QT today but I'm not sure where I can put it. Where do you keep yours. Do you leave it out? 

The big one is on the kitchen counter and the mini is in the pantry.  I have limited counter space, but the Instant Pot deserves it's spot on the counter because I use it a lot.  My Kitchen Aid mixer sits out too, because it's too heavy to move and because it's so pretty.  

@Mindy D,you mentioned beans, and I do use it for beans - all kinds.  Great for soups, too.  My favorite thing is to throw a chuck roast in with some BBQ sauce and in no time have tender shredded BBQ beef.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett