Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you keep your Instant Pot?

@Kachina624  I also have the Cooks Essential PC in the oval shape that I bought several years ago in red.  It still works perfectly.  I often see people saying they get 'burn' notices with the Instant Pot, but with my Cooks Essential no problem with having such thing as a 'burn' notice.  To be honest, when this PC dies, I'll look to purchase a PC but not the Instant Pot brand.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

On the counter! I use it several times a week!

@Ainhisg @I'm still on the fence because my cabinets are full and I have not been cooking the way I used to but I need to eat softer meats. I also love beans.  What do you make in it? 

I keep mine on the counter, i make a bean blend once a week, dry kidney beans, black beans, great northern beans, pinto beans, and it only takes 35 minutes, let it release naturally. 

Respected Contributor

I keep my IP on a shelf under counter of open stainless steal commercial 5ft. Rack. 

My favorite things to create in it:

• BBQ Ribs
  • Frozen Chicken Breast
  • Sloppy Joes
  • Chili
  • Cheesecake 
  • Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Pork Carnitas
Trusted Contributor

I keep my 6qt IP on a rolling cart along with my Kitchen Aid mixer, Food Processor,

oval slow cooker,blender, and my large electric griddle.

Honored Contributor

I have the 3qt one that is painted up like the Stars Wars robot, BB8--it's white and orange--- and I keep that little cutie on a folding shelf the is against my kitchen counter. Have a very tiny kitchen. I put my vitamix base on it, cookbooks, my food processor base too.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags    I do the same with a pork roast which I prefer for barbecue.  Also add some Liquid Smoke. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I keep both my IP and AF in the pantry.  Neither one gets used enuf to deserve a place on the counter.

I have never rec'd a burn notice..asked my family who all have IP as well and they never have either.

I make:

Hard boiled eggs

Anything chuck, stew or beef related that is NOT smoked.  We prefer smoking over the IP.  I never do pulled pork or those type meals in the IP.  We use the smoker more.

A couple chicken dishes

I still do my soups and chilis on the stove!  I have the 6 qt IP and it is not big enough for the size pot of soup I want to make.

Besides, there is nothing that smells as yummy as a pot of soup simmering!

My IP does NOT sear well at all.

I also have disliked any pasta dish I have tried.  I don't like pressure cooked pasta at all.

BJC has fantastic recipes for pressure cookers but even her pasta dishe recipes have been meh.  I do think there are some things that should be cooked the traditional way.

Trusted Contributor

I have a built-in hutch in the kitchen, and store my 3qt and 6qt Instant Pots there behind the solid cupboard doors.

I most frequently make:

Salmon

Pastas

Hard-boiled eggs

Egg bites

Upside down cake

Beans

Lots of great recipes online per various blogs.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  I strongly recommend searching online how other people found ways to store their hefty small appliances, some are very clever and attractive.  A big consideration is how far can you or do you want to lift it to your kitchen counter but the Instant Pot isn't really too heavy.  

This is one of those options that is personal to your needs.  I would not store it where it is out of sight, out of mind.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

On the counter! I use it several times a week!

@Ainhisg @I'm still on the fence because my cabinets are full and I have not been cooking the way I used to but I need to eat softer meats. I also love beans.  What do you make in it? 

@Mindy D a better question might be what don't I cook in it... lol  Here you go!  Egg custard, various Chinese dishes, pinto beans w/ham, white rice, brown rice, chicken breasts, brownies, monkey bread, various pasta dishes, quiche, lemon curd, cheesecake, porcupine meatballs, pulled pork, corned beef and cabbage, green beans/potatoes/bacon, Velveeta Skillets, corn-on-the-cob, baby back ribs, beef stew, filling for beef pot pie, white chicken chili, banana bread, egg roll in a bowl, weight-loss cabbage soup, egg bites, steel-cut oats, rice pudding, mac and cheese, beef stroganoff, hard-boiled eggs, spaghetti sauce, etc.