Honored Contributor

It is truly bizarre how fast time goes by, as you get older.    I can see two weeks go by in about 3.5 days.

I absolutely abhor summer so I'm really conflicted between wanting the time to go by faster, just to make summer go away, and the time going by so fast my head spins.

Remember when you were young and 'old people' told you all these things?  You would think 'man, old people sure say weird stuff'.   Now, living it, I am seeing all those things for real.  But it's funny how we have to get there ourselves before we get it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I know better intellectually, but I'd swear I just turned the calendar to August about two weeks ago.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Agree with our 'young at heart' hippie friend. The good years speed by. The troubled seasons drag. I am a summer person and since childhood I've been sad to see cooler, damper, overcast weather move in.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@SoX wrote:

When I saw this title, I thought you were talking about a thread that disappeared, LOL.

Ha ha!  Me too, @SoX   

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I’ll admit summer isn’t my favorite season, but really where did it go ?  I know it’s a tired expression, but these months are racing by for me, and I don’t like it one bit.  Is it really true that time seems to fly as you get older, is it true for you ? 😻

It may be partially because we spent most of July celebrating Christmas.Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

you are so right. thats axactlly how it feels. it was just the 1st of the month.

Honored Contributor

Yes! @QVCkitty1 ...dh and I worked in the yard finishing up a couple of projects....they seem to NEVER END!  It was such a slow start to the summer that I feel a bit cheated.  Today is only about 72 degrees and cloudy, but OK since we had yard work to do.

We walk our dog every evening about 9 ish...it's dark and chilly now, and we need to wear a jacket!